Easter Dinner! What's going on your table?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by nsanemom22, Apr 19, 2011.

1. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

My Mom and I did something different for Christmas, so we're going traditional this year for Easter. Baked ham, potato salad, green beans, collards, deviled eggs.

This year, though, I was going to try putting blue cheese crumbles in the deviled egg mixture. I saw that recently somewhere and it sounded great!

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

3. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

As it turns out, we are having the same menu tomorrow (except for the bleu cheese eggs). Though I am interested to hear how you like it!! Hope you and your mom have a wonderful Easter!!

4. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

We splurged this year and did the honey baked ham. Other than that just the usual.

5. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Anyone fixing anything special this year? A friend is looking for ideas, thought I'd check here!

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We will be at my Grandmother's for real home cooking. Can't wait. :cheers:

(and no, she doesn't do all the cooking, we all pitch in)

8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

It is my Birthday on Easter Sunday so I was told I don't have to cook!!! So I have NO idea what we are eating or doing!!!!!

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

A bag of Peanuts!

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

11. elims

elims Well-Known Member

12. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

My DS's b-day is Sun too (turning 25, yikes - I feel old!) so I'm cooking and cleaning for the whole family to be here Sunday........:banghead:

13. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

My MIL just got diagnosed as diabetic...extremely diabetic all of a sudden, so I am adjusting to fit her new < 1800 calorie, no salt, no sugar, low cholesterol diet for Easter. She also has high blood pressure and high cholesterol...again, all of a sudden. She can have sweet potatoes (a dab), and I am thinking about roast turkey, and baked cabbage, and field peas. Fresh fruit for dessert. If anyone has any ideas for cooking for diabetic folks, I am open to hearing it. Bless her heart, she is the biggest sweet eater I know and this is really rough on her. Even with meds and a restricted diet, she cannot get below mid-high 200's on her sugar for the last few weeks and it is taking its toll on her. I swear she has aged a ton over the last month. In any case, this Easter will be different! I miss the banana pudding already!

14. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

firefly, my daddy was diabetic and a huge sweet-eater! Mama made him a punchbowl cake with sugar free angel food cake, cherry pie filling made with Splenda, crushed pineapple in natural juices, sugar free instant vanilla pudding with a couple of cherries on top to make it pretty! It was awesome!

15. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I make this pie and the whole family loves it, especially in the summer. The recipe was on the label for the pie crust- 5 minute key lime pie. It's quick and easy and very light. I use the reduced fat pie crust and can get that in any of the grocery stores. http://www.readycrust.com/recipe_detail_template.aspx?recipeid=27

I have also made it using different flavors-I just match up a different sugar free jello flavor to a yogurt. I did it with strawberry banana and loved it as well!

16. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Will probably have a bowl of cereal or something like that. Hubby has to work and kids are out of town and my daughter will be going to her boyfriend's house, so just leaves me and the dogs

17. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Thank you!! That sounds wonderful! I will give it a try!! :cheers:

18. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Thanks! I will try this too! I love key lime pie!