Dog grooming nightmare!!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by chumphr, May 7, 2011.

1. chumphr

chumphr Active Member

OMG.......just picked our dog up from being groomed at animal supply house.....worst hack job EVER!!! FYI...NEVER EVER GO THERE FOR GROOMING!!!

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Where are they located?

3. chumphr

chumphr Active Member

They are located in Garner on 70...It used to be called Carolina Pet Supply. It is now under new management....

I will honestly say the store itself has improved greatly. It is much cleaner and more presentable than it used to be. Unfortunately, the groomer (if you can even call her that) is absolutely terrible. When we picked our cocker spaniel up, he still had mats, his back and head were all uneven with tufts of fur where she obviously lost control of the clippers. His face was not trimmed down at all, toenails untouched, and he was covered with loose hair...Just awful!!

To their credit, the store DID issue us a refund which we immediately took down the street to PetSmart to see if their groomers might be able to squeeze us in so our pathetic little pooch could regain his self image!! :)

One of the groomers at PetSmart knew exactly who we were talking about when we told them that we needed our pup to be fixed from the horrible haircut he got "down the street" because she had already had to fix one other unfortunate doggy. She explained that the new groomer at Animal Supply House is either the owner's or manager's daughter. She's extremely young, has no training, and is trying to start her own business.

It's unfortunate....the girl was really sweet and I could tell she really loves animals...perhaps with actual training and not just a pair of clippers she might create a successful business someday.

In the meantime, trust me: takes your babies elsewhere!

4. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Doggie Do'z downtown Clayton always does a great job on my Australian Shepard. He will mat badly if you don't catch him just as the weather starts to warm up and he has a thick coarse coat. He is not the most social of pups either and weighs 80 lbs. and they do a wonderful job every single time. I think it is in the upper 60's to get the full treatment (bath/haircut or shave down/toenails/ears/other stuff)...great job!!

5. Lolly42

Lolly42 Well-Known Member

Who did you talk to at Pet Smart? Jenn Murphy (the manager) has groomed our labradoodle for the past 2 years. She does a great job & her customer service is excellent.

6. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

LOVE the Petsmart groomers! We took our new dog there about 2 weeks ago. He was a rescue and was in rough shape. They were really gentle and told us of spots they found on him. We had a feeling he'd have some spots just given the home he came from. Told us the water was literally orange when they bathed him from all the clay. He looked great, nails trimmed, etc. I knew it was a lot of work and they tackled it. Not only that, it's always easy to find a $10 off coupon for Petsmart. Just google Petsmart coupons. Great place, they do a good job, and they are nice when they talk to you.

Stephanie-- mom to 7

7. CAROLINA SUN

CAROLINA SUN Well-Known Member

Glad you posted this, I was about to take my Yorkie there. It's close to where I live... THANKS!!

8. kingrichard43

kingrichard43 Active Member

"Clip Joint"

Some years back my dog was terrorized at that place. Nicks, cuts and gouges in addition to doggie intimidation. I walked in on her screaming at her assistant while grooming a dog!!! The poor dog was shaking like a leaf and so was the assistant!!! After the grooming she left for the day (didn't bother to call me) and my dog (and others) were left to fend for themselves in a locked, dark room with no pee breaks. Deplorable! I learned the hard way and still believe my dog needs a therapy couch after that experience!!!!! Gitmo detainees are treated better!

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Good god people!

Call Bark & Bath OR Curbside Clips (both mobile groomers)

LOVE THEM!!!! and a BUNCH of us 4042ers use them.

10. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that you had a nice experience there! Which Petsmart was it,the one at Whiteoak or the one further down 70? Thanks!

11. Lolly42

Lolly42 Well-Known Member

White Oak

12. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I would have gotten arrested....

13. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

It's interesting how a simple grooming can effect a pet. I have learned to watch for "withdraw" after a grooming session to see if there will be a return visit.

Petsmart seems to be getting some great groomers; Knightdale has a pretty good one also.

14. chumphr

chumphr Active Member

The groomers we have used in the past and recommend are:

Personal Pet in Garner-- Groomer operates out of her home- She is EXCELLENT!
    Tamara's Pet Grooming-- Also operates out of her home- awesome but usually is only available on weekdays
    PetSmart-- Mixed results depending on who the groomer is, definitely lowest price though..especially if you can find a coupon!

Unfortunately, this past experience was the result of our "regulars" being booked and us making the mistake of trying someone new who wasn't-- Lesson learned!

15. kingrichard43

kingrichard43 Active Member

Happy Tails

I now take the Field Marshal to White Oak Petsmart for his grooming. We have been customers since they opened in that location. He is treated like a high level commander (which he is ...in his own backyard) by all the groomers. Because of their attention and patience he has overcome his psycho aversion to grooming and is now an "Academy Dog" grooming model for Petsmart!