Myrtle Beach Activities Fun for Families

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by busymama, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

MB has changed so much and I avoid "the strip" now. Ah, the good ole days...remember Mother Fletcher's?

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I do, I do! those were the good ole days.... matter of fact that's the last time I have been to Myrtle Beach...back in the day. Now, I wouldn't rub two nickels together to go.... :ack:

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I thought it was just me, but I'd never been to MB til about 3 or 4 years ago.................and I didn't "get" the allure. The campground we stayed at was nice..................but as for the rest of it...........meh. Tourist trap was all I kept thinking. Perhaps I missed the "nice" part? :confused:

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I was referring to the old "downtown" area. There used to be an amusement park down there called The Pavilion. Everything sort of grew out from there. It was fun for teenagers and 20 somethings. It closed a few years ago. Myrtle Beach or "Redneck Riviera" has spread out a lot in the last 10 years. There are nice campgrounds, decent hotels, shows, shopping and lots of places to eat. Broadway at The Beach seems to be the hub of activity now. Its a fun place to go if you like to get out of the sand and do other things at night. I think a lot of people go to the beach to relax. Myrtle Beach has a lot to do and lots of people, relaxing there is by choice, but there are lots of options for entertainment. We don't go down to where wolf was talking about anymore, it's a little rough. But they just built a new boardwalk and a huge ferris wheel in that area so hopefully it will come back to life.

5. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

The best food I have had there and the most expensive is Rio's Brazillian steak house. LOVE IT!! My wife and i hit it every year for our anniversary. If you haven't been it is awesome. The piano bar at Broadway is awesome too.

6. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

That's long gone and so is Castaway's Motel. All right there together. Just bare now. They do have plans for that area but we don't pay attention since they changed the helmet laws for the city limits. City counsel has too much time on it's hand.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We saw all of that, the Boardwalk, etc. I guess when I was growing up, people went on vacation to MB and acted like it was a big deal (we went to FL instead, relatives lived near Disney, talk about your tourist traps!). So I finally get there..............and..................ok. LOL.

8. Polkadots

Polkadots Well-Known Member

Would much rather go to the Outer Banks anyday.