Police Helicopter Circling around Barber Mill??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MCCx3, Jul 29, 2011.

1. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

WTVD noon news had a reporter at the station trying to interview the suspect. He didn't really seem to be in a talking mood. :jester:

2. elims

elims Well-Known Member

If you're on facebook, join/friend 'Clayton Police Department'. They've been posting lots of details. The lady who was the victim of the carjacking has posted as well .. she had her 2 year old in the car with her. Those of you who love drama .. here's some real stuff!

If you're not on FB ... here are some of the latest reports.
    This morning (7-29-11) at approximately 7:30 AM, Clayton Police responded to a report of a person being robbed at gunpoint on Commodore Street. The victim reported that she was getting in her vehicle at her residence when approached by a suspect holding a rifle who stole her vehicle (GMC Jimmy) and drove away in the SUV. The victim was not harmed. (Her name and address are being temporarily withheld.)

Minutes later, a Clayton Police Department officer met the stolen vehicle traveling south on Ranch Road. The officer turned his vehicle around to go after the vehicle and as he was attempting to overtake the stolen SUV, the suspect abandoned the vehicle at the westbound on-ramp of US Hwy 70 BYP and fled on foot into a wooded area. The suspect dropped a rifle as he ran which was recovered by the officer.

A ground search covering a large perimeter area was initiated by Clayton officers, Johnson County Deputies, and Highway Patrol units. A Highway Patrol helicopter and Clayton PD and Johnston County K-9s were also utilized. After more than three hours, the suspect was not located so the area search was suspended and other investigative methods were utilized.

Suspect Description:

Male, Black

Approximately 5’9” to 6’ tall

Wearing a mask

(armed with a rifle)

The investigation tends to lead officers to suspect that the suspect may be the same individual that robbed the Walgreens store at 11306 US Hwy 70W BUS early Thursday morning. That robbery also involved a rifle and an offender of similar description.

Following a cooperative investigation assisted by Johnston Sheriff’s Detectives and Highway Patrol troopers, information was developed that led to several individuals being interviewed at the Clayton Police Department. At least

one of those is a person of interest in this morning’s robbery and auto theft, as well as yesterday’s robbery at the Walgreens store. The investigation is continuing and additional information including any charges filed will be

released as it becomes available.

Someone asked where they were apprehended ... they answered on facebook "There were located in/about the area where the NCSHP helicopter was conducting its searches."

3. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

4. below14thdesigns

below14thdesigns Well-Known Member

I wish I could train my dogs to do this. it would come in handy.

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Did you see him SMILE after he apologized. Piece of crap. Rot in jail.

6. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

The only thing he's sorry for is getting caught.

7. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Didn't the robber at First Citizens in Clayton have a rifle?

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Yes, but looking at the CPD website I think those guys had lighter complexions. Good catch, though.

9. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

I said to my wife I bet they are the two who robbed first citizens.

10. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member