Garage door fix?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by gmessig, Aug 9, 2011.

1. gmessig

gmessig Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend someone to fix my electric garage door? The spring has broken and I don't know who to call
    Thx!!

2. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

i was wondering the same thing...for me the question is ...is it cheaper to buy an new opener
    and have it installed or a service call?

3. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011
  4. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

I second Clifton's. We called them last year when the spring broke in our garage door, they came out the next day and repaired it at a very reasonable cost. We have recommended them to many of our friends looking to have garage doors repaired.

5. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I third Clifton's. They are local and they came out the same day!!!! Reasonable and friendly.

6. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

Definitely Cliftons. We had the same exact thing happen, and they came right out and fixed it. You could buy a new opener, but it doesn't include the spring. And, you don't wanna do the spring yourself. It takes a special tool, or it could cause major damage to you and your garage.

7. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

I used Garage Door Doctor a few months ago when my spring broke in half. I'd recommend them.

8. outdoorfool

outdoorfool Member

If the torsion spring is broken then it needs to be replaced. The motor only assists the door to open. If the springs are balanced properly the motor should be fine. Replace the spring and don't let them try to sell you a new motor. Save the money from something else!

9. kansascon

kansascon Well-Known Member

Call Jerry at Cary Garage. He is local. Number is 669-5848.