McLemore Road?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JustAnotherMom, Aug 20, 2011.

1. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Anybody know what happened at McLemore Rd last night around 10pm? Was going to get DS from West and police had it blocked from 1010 to Polenta, looked like a massive accident :(

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Heard about 10 minutes ago there was a major accident there and if I heard correct all the people died. Have not found a link yet for it.

3. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

My daughter came through there around 11:00 and said it was blocked off. I haven't been able to find anything about it either.

4. Polkadots

Polkadots Well-Known Member

5. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

i heard it and saw the blue lights for hours last night...just assumed someone had hit the tree at polenta and mclemore again... very sad.

6. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

7. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Sad sad sad. The couple was Sonny Johnson and his wife Anette. Sonny was part of Son-Lan Development, which most of you know or at least heard of and many live in one of their developments. Mr. Sonny was a major part of alot of the development of the 40/42 area way back when there was only a Texaco here.

Ive known Mr. Sonny and his family for the better part of 20 years and have done a ton of their developmental work. There have been complaints as well as praises for the work that Son-Lan has done in this area but you can not deny that for good or bad, they built this area.

8. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

He was a real nice guy,he met my husband and I years ago when we were considering buying a house near Indian Camp Rd.
    Didn't he live on and near McLemore Rd.?

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

The news article said that they were just a mile from their house, so they would have lived somewhere in that McLemore Rd. area.

10. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

How awful!

11. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

OMG that is terrible. No words to describe the shock. Didn't they live on that road that runs between Raleigh Rd. and Matthews Rd, in that house way back with all the land?

12. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

They lived on Sonny Road, which is a cut across road from Raleigh Road over to Matthews so yeah, that was their house that set back off Sonny Road a good distance.

13. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

How terrible for their two boys to lose both their parents at the same time. I can't imagine..... Prayers go out to the family. :(

14. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I used to work in the same building. Sonny was always very nice to me. His Wife was very sweet too. So sad.