Pizza Hut - Clayton

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by PoohBear, Aug 26, 2011.

1. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Arrived at Clayton Pizza Hut to dine in at about 6:15 pm. Advised that it would be at least 1 hour to get a pizza. One couple in dining room. At least 9 people working. Bye Bye!

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

That place is a rat-trap... there are so many other better places to get pizza. The new place on Main St., Primo's is good (in the old Lucky Chicken spot).

3. Lolly42

Lolly42 Well-Known Member

Lucky chicken is closed already? Missed that....

4. mom2two

mom2two Well-Known Member

No, Lucky Chicken moved down the street into BIGGER place. So cool!

5. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'll agree Rays Pizza is great, and so is 3 Olives. I don't think I could say the last time I ordered a pizza from any of the chains, Domino's, Pizza Slut or Papa Johns. The new place out at the Riverwood Food Lion is good too, Coppolla's (?).

7. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I tried Ray's Pizza once...it was horrible! Not much different from Dominoes.

8. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Tried to order Ray's yesterday because I was too lazy to cook...they were closed. :( Order Domino's. :ack:

9. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

I totally agree with Keemom!

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

They had a facebook post that they were closed yesterday because he didn't have full power.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yep, awaiting my order to come from the kitchen right now! :drool:

12. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

My last (and final) experience at Pizza Hut in Clayton was about 2 years ago. Only because my dad had to have there pizza, I stood there for an hour waiting. Don't forget the order had already been called in an hour before I got there!

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That one needs to be bulldozed and start fresh. I love PH pizza, I can't help it, it's what I grew up with and occasionally I will get it from there. The store is so dirty, they are SLOW as molasses in Jan. Once in a while though, I gotta get it. I wish there was another option for PH.

For the pizza snobs, yes, I KNOW there is "better" pizza out there, I don't need a list. We've been pleased with Cappolla's at RW lately.

14. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Can't stand PH of Clayton! As previous poster said, I can call in an order and get there and it's not even close to being ready. Employees there have a major attitude problem. And they don't make things to the company standard-example is recently I ordered Pizzones for hubby and daughter (they insisted) and there was barely ANY filling in them. Nothing like when they first came out and nothing like what you see advertised. I think there were about 5 pieces of pepperoni total in one and the "meats" one may have had 7 pieces of "meat". The place is run down and feels dirty as well and the kitchen is always a mess.

15. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

I'm surprised you got Pizzones, I was told they don't carry them at that Pizza Hut! Maybe that's why they were so bad, they winged it! lol

As for Ray's, we think it's the best freak'in pizza ever! Only place we order from now. Their garlic knots, subs, and salads are da bomb too!

16. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I'd be too worried to eat anything that is coming out of there!

17. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

There is another option!!! There is a PH Express on the back way to the Target on Timber Dr. in Garner. Head down Cleveland to where it ends, turn right. Keep going until the light at the McDonalds' where you turn left. The PH is a little ways down on the left.

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks! I had no idea! Might have to tell DH to stop there tonight on his way back from Raleigh to get my PH fix! :cheers:

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

It's on the corner of Aversboro Road and Timber Drive, with the Lowes Foods. Has a drive thru too.

There is nothing better than a meat lovers pan pizza from Pizza Hut. Always a favorite!

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Exactly!! LOVE their pan pizza when it's done right. Off to text DH! :jester: