Dance Studios

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by busymama, Aug 17, 2011.

1. busymama

busymama Well-Known Member

I am trying to decide between 2 dance studios.........A Step Ahead or Christy's Dance Explosion in Garner. My daughter went to another dance studio in the area and all it is is basically play time. I am looking for a studio that will actually TEACH her something about dance. She is about to turn 8 and is wanting to try hip-hop. Anybody have any experience with either studio?

2. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I have heard great things about Christy's dance explosion.

3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Sounds like something that happens when you've had too much to drink, Taco Bell and a night on the town.

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I signed my youngest daughter up for ballet at Step Ahead. She starts this week! I observed a class in the Spring and liked what I saw. I did not like the school she went to last year (a popular one in this area). All they did was run around and play. Step Ahead actually teaches technique. They spend a lot of time at the barre too. It's a very small place, but I think it's a good dance school.

5. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

Dance Zone in Garner. They teach hip hop. :)

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree: The owners name is Dawn.

7. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

Step Ahead

I HIGHLY suggest Step Ahead. Miss Kim, the owner, is wonderful with all the children. I took my daughter there last year for ballet, and Miss Kim was absolutely wonderful. She teaches them to enjoy dance technique yet all the while guiding them to respect dance.

8. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:iagree:
    My daughter has been to two ballet classes so far this year, and she loves it! Miss Kim is a good teacher, and she is good with the kids.