Brown Mountain Lights?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Sep 20, 2011.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

2. leelu92

leelu92 New Member

When I was a student at WCU we went and saw them a couple of times. It was spooky but cool! I'd definitely go again...

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Isn't that the lighting system in the proctologist office?

4. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

Been there, Done that.

I don't know if I would do it again. I am a 37 year old man and I'm generally fearless, I was not frightened away, but I realized that I was NOT alone there at night. Even though I was there alone that night. Very, very alone. One car in 15-20 minutes alone.
    Also there is something to be said for the fact that I was driving back from boone lost as crap a year or two later, and my kids got sick on this random road (daytime) so I hit the pullout and let them out to barf. Well guess where we were? Right there at the old creepy lookout spot.
    I can recomend this spot as definate must see, and I didn't even see the lights. I never felt unsafe, but the sixth sense, freaky-creepy alarm was going off full blast. Made me feel VERY uneasy. And I always check out creepy freaky places if when I can. This one was off the chart the best in NC!
    I got there by taking the road (NC18?) north out of Morganton, stay to the left, climb the mountain, it's the BIG pullout on the right side just short of the top of the mountain.