Rabies clinics in Oct/Nov?

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by elims, Oct 11, 2011.

1. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard of any rabies clinics anywhere around here in October or November yet? What other shots are required for cats? A friend has an indoor/outdoor cat and they don't know the last time the cat had any shots ... even rabies ... I'd like to put together some strong 'suggestions' for them.

Thanks!!

Carol

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I would say atleast rabies, distemper and feline leukemia.

3. ncfemme

ncfemme Well-Known Member

The only requirement by state law is Rabies vaccine. Johnston County Animal Services gives rabies vaccines for $5.00. Most any vet will give them for less than $20.00 but call around as prices vary. If course it would be great if they completely vaccinated and tested the cat but if all they are concerned about is being law compliant a rabies is all they HAVE to have. If they choose not to fully vaccinate the cat at least if they keep it indoors and away from strays it might have a better chance at a longer life free of disease. Just a suggestion..

4. AutismMom

AutismMom Member

5. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Yes, fortunately(!!) I do know that it's been speutered. Just not kept up with anything else. Since the cat spends time outside, I wasn't sure what all it might be able to pick up or spread around.

Thanks, y'all!