Terra Fin vs Clayton Steak House

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cheapo, Oct 12, 2011.

1. cheapo

cheapo Member

would like some feedback on eating at Terra Fin vs Clayton Steak House. I have never tried either place. Would you choose one over the other?

2. Princess

Princess Member

Only been to each one once. Clayton Steakhouse is more expensive and doesn't (if I remember right) have as wide range of choices. Terra Fin is cheaper and offers (if not more options), at least a wider range of options. They are both delicious. If you are in the mood for steak though, you gotta go to the Clayton Steakhouse!

3. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

As the above poster stated, there are more options at Terra Fin. I have only been there once, and thought the food was fine. I have been to the Clayton Steakhouse a number of times and think the food is fantastic!

4. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

L-O-V-E Terra Fin! Everything I have ever had there has been awesome.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Terrafin - Hands down!! They have great steaks too, they use only Certified Angus Beef and alot of fresh local NC products. :cheers:

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

never been to Clayton Steak House but i agree wholeheartly with the above two posts, have never been disappointed with Terrafin, love love love their food:cheers:

7. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

I agree with TF,

CS, for the money not impressed and not inclined to go back.

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Having been to both, I'd honestly choose TF over CS, the few times I've been to CS the food was so-so and over priced for what you got, and the service was hit or miss. And I've been to both for both lunch and supper to have my experiences to draw upon.

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Never been to either, every time we talk about it we end up at McKinleys, Flipside or Mulberry On Main.

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Only ate at TF once, it was alright nothing to write home about so that's why I eat at home 99.99999% of the time. DH is an excellent cook. :mrgreen:
    I woudn't order a steak b/c of the way I like it cooked, why pay for a "cremated" steak at a restaurant when I can burn my own? :lol:

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

What a waste of good meat. Rare to Medium Rare is the only way.

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

just chew on some shoe leather, you won't know the difference. :mrgreen:

13. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

+1

14. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member

Terra Fin was a big waste of time and money the one time I went based soley upon reviews here. Clayton Steak was very good and we are eager to go back again.

15. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Terrafin is hit or miss for me. I have been and had an excellent meal, especially the seared tuna. But I have also been at brunch and had not such a great experience, both with food and service. I saw lots of good reviews for the lobster and shrimp Mac and cheese, but the dish I got was not what I expected. I thought it would be a hardy, cheesy Mac and cheese with maybe grilled shrimp and lobster. It is actually pasta in a cream sauce with what seemed like broiled shrimp and lobster. I got the Mac and cheese for my kids and it was the same way, more like an alfredo pasta dish. At any rate, I think for this area and for dinner, Terrafin is a good choice, but make sure to ask about the dishes before ordering.

I've been to Clayton Steakhouse once. It was alright. The steak was good and the salad bar was nice. We had a coupon, and probably wouldn't go back without one.

If I had to choose, I would go Terrafin.

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I didn't like the lobster mac and cheese either.

However, the scallops are to die for.

17. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I'm a pasta snob and I love the L&S M&C!

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It was just really bland to me, maybe it was an off night. 8)

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I thought the lobster mac was edible and even good BUT, I have to agree with an earlier post...I was expecting a stand alone style cheese (baked), not a creamy, runny, sauce.

20. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Mmm, I bet that would be good too! Stop it, you're making me hungry!