Bald Eagle

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ffnc27592, Mar 5, 2012.

1. ffnc27592

ffnc27592 Well-Known Member

Thought this was interesting and wanted to share. While driving down Cleveland School road this morning I spotted what I thought was a bald eagle standing in a farmers field. I pulled over and to my surprise it was a bald eagle being chased around by 5 or 6 black birds. I know this is a long shot but did anybody else happened to see this?

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

How cool! Where on Cleveland Rd.?

3. ffnc27592

The field right across from Raleigh Road or maclemore. Right before the snow cone place.

4. ffnc27592

Just thought it was neat to see one around here. Not really sure if that's common or not?

5. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Wonderful! I hope I can see him/her too!

6. ffnc27592

For some reason it really made my day seeing it.

7. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Yep, they are around. I have seen one several times over in East Clayton on Covered Bridge road where it crosses the river. I also saw one last week on the way to work on I-540 where it crosses over water. I have also heard residents of Portofino (off 42 East of Clayton) who have seen one or two there. This was also in a previous thread sometime or another. They are beautiful to see, especially in flight. Way better than the turkey someone wanted for our national bird! Was it Ben Franklin? Anywho...enjoy!! :)

Neat link about Jordan Lake (click Bald Eagle watching):
    http://www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/jord/activities.php

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2012
  8. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

I posted about this before. I finally have pictures to prove we have eagles. If someone can tell me how to post pictures, I'll be happy to share.

9. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

You need to upload them to a photo website such as photobucket.com. Then you link to that picture in your post. It's more involved, but that's the general idea.

I really wish the Webmaster would post a FAQ on how to post pictures to the forum.

10. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I think this is what I saw last year in Clayton. Huge bird in a tree and other birds trying to chase it off. But it was so heavy it was bending the branches on a big tree. I watched this for about 20 minutes. Was awesome to watch though. THose black birds don't give up either. The big bird finally just had enough and flew away.