Tattoo suggestions needed

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pkc789, Mar 15, 2012.

1. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Looking for recommendation for tattoo artist. I would like the name of the actual artist that you have experience with. Garner/Clayton/Smithfield or Raleigh. Thanks

2. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

Havent had one done recently so couldnt tell ya, we planning a girls night... :)

3. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Ok, it you get any good info before Sat - please share

4. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

john savage
    savage and heads on hillsborough street. he's probably the best and most respected in the area. his shop has been in continuous operation for 20+ years, and was the first health department inspected shop in the triangle. dude has done rock stars and celebrities, been featured in magazines, is nationally known, and kicked bobby brantley's rear end on Lizard Lick Towing. probably not the cheapest, but you only get one shot at it...

or, for a young gun, jason hassel at rock n roll tattoo. excellent prices, quite accomplished for a young artist. he's been at it for a half dozen years or so, and did one for me along with three on one of my best and oldest friends.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  5. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

And he kicked Booby's rear end on Lizard Lick!

6. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

fixed

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I am a huge advocate of Tina at Monkey Ink in Peddler's Village. She's one of the most talented artists I've ever met. She can draw anything, and take your vision and make it a reality. The shop is spotless, they are professional and prompt.

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I am a huge advocate of not getting tattoos.

I understand some are sentimental. I guess it's just my upbringing. In my generation, the only people with tattoos were in the military or in a biker gang. I know, I know....it's not like that anymore.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  9. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

They all look the same when you are 80 years old.

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Lizard Lick Towing.....haha Glad to hear some reality.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

To each their own, but I am bucking the trend and not getting any. :jester: I've seen a lot of coverage lately on people regretting them and getting them removed. Mark Wahlburg is having all his removed and has his kids with him on the appts so they can see how painful it is.

Just think long and hard before you do it is my only advice, not that you havent'............just saying. :cheers:

12. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

Ditto, I have 9 all done by Tina including a huge back piece. I would NEVER allow another artist to touch me. My wife also has a large back piece and a large floral leg piece also done by Tina. Again, no one works on her but Tina

13. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Warlocks in Raleigh is great. I have so many friends that have gotten anything from something small to full sleeves from them. They look great and are very professional. They did great when I got mine a few years ago.

14. jessiejames2

jessiejames2 Member

Tattoo's

I like Warlock in Raleigh. I got all mine done there I have(eightteen +). You bring them a picture you want and they will redraw it to make it yours. I myself don't want to have something on me that someone else has. I have used several of the artist. I am already looking for my next tat. Not sure what yet, but will be going to Warlock.

15. below14thdesigns

below14thdesigns Well-Known Member

Mark @ Oak City Tattoo.

16. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Zach Rabil at Inked Sanity is awesome! He has work on my hubby, sister, bff, SIL, many friends, and of course, me! He is a talented artist, NICE guy, and extremely reasonable on his prices. He is the only one who will do any work on me or DH.

17. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Tina @ Monkey Ink on 42hwy

18. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Second Warlocks

19. JellyBean

JellyBean Well-Known Member

Jamie (guy) at Sacred Art in Smithfield.....3 of us went in and all 3 were very happy with the work!!!! He rocks.

20. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of the replies. Anyone have experience with Glory Days in Clayton?