FOUND DOG! White Shepard Mix 42/Cornwallis rd

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by me&them, Apr 12, 2012.

1. me&them

me&them Well-Known Member

Found white shepard mix type female dog. Has pet safe collar on. Please contact if you know who this dog belongs to. Can't keep long.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Whatever you do, if you have to give it to a shelter, don't bring it to the Clayton SPCA. Whoever the owner is will never get it back if you bring it there.

I would suggest the Johnston County Animal Shelter in Smithfield where they check for microchips and people who are looking for lost pets are encouraged to go and look through all their animals.

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

4. me&them

Thanks for the info. I called Johnston county SPCA and left a message.

5. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

Is there a way to call the company that has the collar? They may be able to track the owner through some sort of identification on the electric collar, depending on the brand. And there's a good chance it has a microchip so if you can hold out until morning you could take to any vet to have it checked.

6. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I believe that's the same place. Please DO NOT turn the dog over to them. They've been in the news a lot lately due to poor conditions there.

Johnston County Animal Shelter is the place you want to call in Smithfield, if you need to.

7. elims

elims Well-Known Member

They're supposedly not taking in any new animals anyway ... supposedly.

8. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Do you have a picture? We have neighbors who have a bunch of white dogs, but I believe they are lab mixes, and we are located closer to Cleveland Road, off Cornwallis Rd, but I wonder if this dog could be his...:?

9. me&them

I don't have a picture. The dog got off the leash while I was gone to get lunch. Hopefully she finds her way back home.