Good General Doctor

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by gmessig, May 16, 2012.

1. gmessig

gmessig Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,
    Can anyone recommend a good doctor who will actually take the time to listen, cares about finding and resolving several issues without giving pills first? I don't like Garner Internal medicine. They make you wait toooooo long and then rush in and out.
    Thanks!

2. Ny2NcMom

Ny2NcMom Active Member

GP

Hi I don't know how far you want to drive but I use Raleigh Family Practice in Raleigh at the Rex Medical Building. I see Aime Clarke, she is super nice and listens to everything you have to say. I can go in just to talk and she gives me advice on how to handle things. If you want her number let me know and I will give it to you.

3. gmessig

gmessig Well-Known Member

I would love her number..Thx!

4. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

5. Suzie Q

Suzie Q Well-Known Member

Amie Clarke is the best I have ever been to!

6. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of your problems at Garner Internal Medicine. Have you ever seen Jim McCann, PA, at GIM? He is the best PA I have ever seen and he has never rushed myself or my wife. Several other friends feel the same way about Jim.
    But everyone needs a physician that takes the time to listen to the patient, give a complete examination to determine the reason you are there and then make good decisions on the plan of treatment. Best wishes in finding someone that will listen to you!

7. You will abosolutely not find a better doctor than Dr. Robert Dawkins in Clayton. He has been my Doctor for years, and I can honestly say that his attention to detail saved my wife's life. He listens to his patients and will answer every question. You'll never get the "Walk in, listen to your chest, ask two questions and walk out" type of doctor's visits that have become the norm.

8. Concerned Person

Concerned Person Well-Known Member

Dr. David Meehan on Guy Road is a wonder doctor. I highly recommend him to anyone. It it called Meehan Medical at 919 550 5354. He has great bedside manners and listern to your concerns etc.

9. Ny2NcMom

Ny2NcMom Active Member