GCAA ALL-STAR BASEBALL TEAM FUNDRAISER THIS SAT!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mparkins7103, Jun 8, 2012.

1. mparkins7103

mparkins7103 Well-Known Member

Gcaa coach pitch All-Star team will be having a canning fundraiser this Sat from 10-4 at Wal-Mart at 40/42 to help raise the money needed for uniforms.

Please come and support our local boys All-Star baseball team these boys have worked so hard this year to make it this far!!

2. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

Good luck to you! But I don't understand. What's a canning fundraiser? :)

3. mparkins7103

Canning is basically doing what the guy on the corner does with his sign...but we use a can!! LOL Thanks for the support!!

4. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

OK, I get it now...pure profit...good plan! Well, again, good luck!

5. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

I'm so stupid. I first thought I'd find canned jams and jellies. Now that would have been awesome. On another note, have you thought since it is a local team of maybe doing a chip-in button on 40/42? Not sure if they'd let you or not but never hurts to ask. $5 and $10 adds up here and there. Good luck at Walmart. Are they doing any yardsales or things of that nature we should now about? Like supporting local teams for sure.

stephanie-- mom to 10

6. mparkins7103

Thanks for the chip in button idea I will ck into it!! We just found out about having to come up with the money(alot!!) for uniforms a couple days ago and we have to have all the money by next week so it basically leaves this weekend to raise the money but I would have loved to do a yard sale!! Thanks fo rthe support you all are great!

7. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Were a fellow GCAA Baseball team family..... we are planning on coming by tomorrow to help you all out!!! I personally know a lot of these boys and they are terrific!! I agree, please come out and help support them!!

8. mparkins7103

Thanks you so much...your suppport is vry much appreciated and knowing first hand you know how tuff it is for the sports teams....Thanks cant wait to meet you!

9. BossRotton

BossRotton Well-Known Member

Hope you get the funds you require. Good Luck !!!

10. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Good luck to the all-star boys with their fundraiser tomorrow! We already gave our donation, but may come out to give our support tomorrow. These are great kids who enjoy the game, and need some help!

11. mparkins7103

I wanted to say Thank you to the community and everyone who came out today to donate and support the team....we reached our goal to get the boys the required All*Star uniforms!! They were so excited and everyone was so generous!! Thanks again what a great group of people we have out there!!

12. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

AWESOME!!! Good luck this summer.