Does anyone know the regular Roadrunner monthly pricing?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Straitlover, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

If I drop my landline, my DSL w/ Centurylink (3MB) will be right around $50 per month per the guy on the phone. That seems kinda high!

I looked on the Roadrunner website, but they only give you promotional pricing. The 3MB is $19.99 for 12 months; the 10MB is $29.99 for 12 months. I don't need anything better as it is just me, and I don't play games online or anythign like that. Anyone know what the regular price after the 12 months is? I know if I call and ask they will badger me to go ahead and switch. TIA!

2. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

There is a reason why they don't publish it.

3. Straitlover

Is it more than the $50 I listed for Centurylink? 3MB is plenty fine speed for me. The fanciest I every really get is watching TV shows onlie. Although if I end up cancelling my Dish, then I may do Netflix or Hulu.

4. daisy8869

daisy8869 Well-Known Member

There is something called Roadrunner Lite. It is not advertised but if you ask for it, they should be able to switch you over. It is $29.99 per month plus taxes/fees that comes up to $33. It is not great for games or if you have a lot of devices on a home network.

5. countrydan

countrydan Well-Known Member

It's all a game

When I first bundled Roadrunner years ago, it was 99 dollars a month for phone, internet and tv. Costs constantly go up, and the selection on cable is next to nothing unless you buy movie channels. With no extras...my bill finally made it to the 175 dollar a month range. I called and they lowered it to 135...then it went back to 150 and who knows where it will end up. I have called other providers and their service is also expensive and gets very complicated to keep up with. These kinds of numbers are a slap in the face to consumers who simply want internet, a phone and tv.

6. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I'm about to drop cable TV.

Every show I enjoy is available on Hulu Plus, and, for movies, I get NetFlix and Vudu.

All I need is an Internet connection.

The problem? Unbundled, the (high speed) Internet connection is as expensive as the bundled package of TV/Internet/Phone. :banghead:

7. Straitlover

Isn't that the one that's like 756KB speed or something? I know that's too slow. :)

Anyone know how much the Earthlink that you can get via TWC is now? Regular, not promotional.

I don't want to keep calling and dickering prices. I hate it, and I'm not good at it. I jsut want a decent price. I'm not concerned if someone else is getting the same thing but cheaper than me; I jssut know how much I am willing to pay.

8. daisy8869

daisy8869 Well-Known Member

Actually I think they bumped roadrunner lite up to 1.5mb, you would need to call to make sure.

9. tryingtomakeadifference

tryingtomakeadifference Active Member

We have RR lite and it's not that bad at all. I don't play games, but I help run an online group and do tons of shopping and web surfing with no issues.

10. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

"Does anyone know the regular Roadrunner monthly pricing?"

Bottom line. There is no such thing. It is worse that the difference in pricing of a airline ticket.