McGees Break inns

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by lynne, Jul 12, 2012.

1. lynne

lynne Member

Just heard on the news about several break ins around McGees Crossroads. They said they have been 29 since April. Does anyone know any info on this.

2. Meaninglessphoto

Meaninglessphoto Active Member

That I did not know. But thanks for the info. I have a hard time trusting the subdivision I live in anyway but ill be a lot more cautious.

3. TVfan

TVfan Active Member

I heard that the police are on the lookout for a guy driving a red chevy that has been kicking in doors. He is african american with some gold teeth.

4. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

5. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

My ex-husband had his house broken into a few weeks ago. He's out near McGee's Elem and Middle schools. Seemed to happen in the early morning hours, and he works nights. They kicked the front door in and pretty much cleaned out anything of value in the house. They took guns, money, electronics, jewelry, etc. I've heard there were a few others on that same road and in the immediate area who also had the same thing happen within the past month.

Pretty brazen... be careful out there!!

6. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

What streets and neighborhoods are they talking about? It would be helpful for the people around there to know.

7. Shagman

Shagman Guest

Polenta and my house in Pleasant Woods this week.;(

8. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

Cleveland Rd, Polenta Rd, Indian Camp Rd......They are everywhere. Deputies ran 20+ B&E calls yesterday, according to one deputy.

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I've personally seen an increase in cops traveling GRILL RD. :hurray::hurray:

10. emismom

emismom Well-Known Member

there were a few break in's in my subdivision last week. 3 from what i understand. this is near west watson rd. and bh parrish rd

11. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

The ones I knew about from a month ago were on Zack's Mill Road and out that way, like on Graham Pond Road (off of Hwy 50 just up from McGee's Middle School). It sounds to me like whoever it is is getting braver and braver. Initially I think it was happening on the more rural roads, but now there are frequent break ins in the subdivisions? Not good.

12. plummobile

plummobile Well-Known Member

McGees/210/50 Break-ins

Cedar Cove Sub in June. Right off 210 Highway!

13. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

Everyone please be on the look out form strange cards riding around in your neighborhoods, most of the time they will be driving very slow and may even try to appear they are lost. They are checking things out and they are all around us. If you have outside lights, leave them on at night when you go to bed. Talk to your neighbors, if you have neighbors that are at home at different times than you, join together and keep an eye out for each other. This is getting out of hand.

14. lynne

lynne Member

thanks everyone for the info, keep it coming so we can be aware of the locations and can protect ourselves

15. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Yes, thank you too, I had no idea the B & E were so bad right now!!! Definitely will keep a heads up!!!

16. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

May not be a bad idea if possible to leave a car out in the driveway instead of in the garage...gives the impression that someone is home. I guess they could break into the car but that's not what I'm hearing they are after.

17. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Is this the guy? courtesy wtsb

Sheriff’s deputies made an arrest in a Cleveland area break-in less than 24 hours after the crime was reported, thanks to information provided by the victim in the case. Wednesday afternoon, a woman who lives on Polenta Road said she was nearing her home when her cell phone rang. It was her alarm company reporting an activation at her home. Within moments the victim arrived at her home to find an older model car pulling out of her driveway. She wrote down the license plate number and called deputies.

On Thursday, Jason Vance Jenkins, 27, of Calm Court, Willow Spring was charged with felony breaking and entering. No items were taken, officers said.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
  18. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

apparently this dude lives less than 1/2 mile from my house. I'm glad he never came this way (and I will be sure to keep my neighbors informed of this. Our s/d is pretty tight when it comes to crime watching.) though others suggested an African American man was at large creating havoc as well. I'm sure it's not just one person doing these break ins.

And since it's probably only his first offense, it won't be long before he's back out and at it again.

19. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Might only be a rumor, but I was told yesterday that someone tried to break into the back door of a home on Pea Island in the Island Creek Sub at 1:30am yesterday morning. I have no direct info on this, just passing it along for info.

20. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

I can confirm the attempted break in at Island Creek on Friday morning at 130. Also I just heard there was a break in in Pleasant woods last night. A guy came home at 11 and found the burglar in his living room. The burglar ran out when the homeowner walked in. No word on his description. Leave lots of lights on people and lock up tight.