Benefit for Ava Shores

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by oneshortds, Jun 25, 2012.

1. oneshortds

oneshortds Member

Tuesday, July 31, 2012.

4:00pm until 8:00pm.

Zaxby's on Hwy 70 in Clayton, North Carolina

Ava Shores, 9 years old, has just recently been diagnosed with UC /Crohns Disease. She has been in and out of the hospital at UNC-Chapel Hill Children's Hospital for going on 4 weeks. She continues to fight this disease very strongly and is such a brave and amazing little girl. Friends of Ava and Amy Shores (Ava's Mom) along with Zaxby's of Clayton are joining together to raise money to assist with current and future medical expenses. Event activities will include a Silent Auction, an "Awesome Ava Nail Salon", cotten candy, face painting and more! We are looking for silent auction items - if you are able to donate an item, a gift basket or anything for the auction please contact Kelly Burbage at kellyburbage@yahoo.com or Amy Williamson at tkawilliamson@nc.rr.com.
    Please join us to help Ava!

2. oneshortds

oneshortds Member

Another way to help!

If you can't come to the benefit, maybe you could still help by donating money. This little girl is still in the hospital with unanswered questions. Please help if you can!

http://www.giveforward.com/​avashores

3. oneshortds

oneshortds Member

4. oneshortds

oneshortds Member

Here are just a few things that will be at the auction for Ava.

--Calling all Carolina Hurricanes Fans! We will have a hockey puck autographed by #4 Jamie McBain at the Silent Auction!
    --autographed Lady Annabellum CD!!!!!!
    --DPM Studios would like to donate a decorative wine bottle along with a gift certificate for dance lessons in ballroom/salsa/swing.
    --2 - 5 pass packages for dinner at Zaxby's on August 1st with Miss North Carolina!!!!!!
    --Ipod NANO and Itunes Gift Card

5. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

I hope this benefit is a success and more importantly, I hope Ava will be alright! One of my daughters had Amy as her Kindergarten teacher, she is a wonderful person! I am sad to hear that they are going through this. My thoughts and prayers to them and their family.

6. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Abby Stephens (2012 Outstanding Junior Miss North Carolina) would like to donate 10 Mudcats tix to be auctioned & attend the fundraiser if the family is interested?

7. oneshortds

oneshortds Member

8. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Wow...I have an 8 year old and can't imagine going through this. Good luck and prayer to all involved.

9. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

I'm posting this on my Facebook page. I encourage others to do the same.

Let's help by getting the word out!!

*Prayers to the family.

10. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

We just stopped by & there was Tons of great stuff to be auctioned!! Bouncy houses, face painting, it's a great event!!! Hope you make it out! DD & I will be there this evening to play & eat :)