Thanks for nothing Time Warner

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by countrydan, Aug 24, 2012.

1. countrydan

countrydan Well-Known Member

I wanted to let our readers know what a monoply does when customers aren't treated right. Time Warner , for example. I recently lost my phone connection several times. I have a heart monitor that reads my pacemaker and calls my doctor if something goes wrong that depends on the phone working. When the phone went out, I couldn't call, so I used the "Chat" since I did have a computer connection. I explained to the agent that I needed my phone working soon due to health reasons. She informed me that she could not get a technician over for two more days. I again told her that it was important for me to have to phone working before two more days, she simply said..." Sorry". Next day when the phone worked, I called Time Warner and complained. They said they had a copy of the chat, that I should have been given priority treatment. Then they "lost" the chat conveniently. Then my Mailbox was mysteriously emptied , so was my Windows mail. I got a card from them two weeks later along with an increase in my bill that said "Sorry about the problem". Good service. No further word what happened to my copy of the chat or theirs. Very Suspicious.

2. countrydan

countrydan Well-Known Member

no one stands for anything

I am shocked that no one even commented on my account of Time Warner and their practices. Is it fear, or just the fact that no one is surprised or cares . Our society has been dummed down, drugged into submission and the kind of sit back and watch attitude that will end up with Obama back in office. :beathorse::beathorse:

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well gee, what would you like for people to do? Cut off their cable in protest? Time Warner sucks. We all know it. You've posted this before if memory serves. You need to go up the food chain at Time Warner or tweet like has been mentioned on the other side. Happy now?

4. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Do you mean "dragged" into submission, and society being "dumbed down"? What does your not being satisfied with your cable company have to do with our president? Do you think this is his fault, too? ~scratches head in confusion~ :?

5. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

I need a like button. Contract up in Dec. Will probably keep RR. But going to magic jack and Dish For other.

6. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

If you have a medical condition that requires you to have phone service 24/7 then you really should have a Land line. Land lines very rarely go out.

7. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Can't get Fox news on a landline.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

What are you smoking?

Landline = PHONE You know, the old fashioned kind that had a line running from the pole into your house.

That has nothing to do with getting cable.

But you knew that already.

I agree with whomever said that a landline is needed. If your health is that precarious, then you need to find something that is more dependable.

9. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

hey if you are unhappy with TW why keep it. I left because i was unhappy with their service and prices. and like the above poster said if you have a medical condition you need a landline which would be cheaper anyway.

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

A basic landline through CenturyLink is approx. $30, that includes taxes, fees, line charges, etc. I had no extras, no call waiting, caller id, call blocking, long distance, etc.

11. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Define "monopoly". I ask because Time Warner certainly doesn't hold a monopoly as it's normally defined. If you don't like them, you can go with Dish or DirecTV or even CenturyLink or ATT U-verse.

12. Buc

Buc Well-Known Member

Ditto. Call Centurylink.