Ladies...any bra fitting stores around?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 2not2, Sep 28, 2012.

1. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

DH says I need to go have an actual bra fitting and buy some GOOD bras instead of picking up whatever Wal-Mart has in my size. :? I know the Hanes place @ the outlets does it, but, they don't really carry anything in my size. I need a place that offers larger size options; price is important but am willing to pay a little more for quality and fit. Thanks!

2. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I have had that done at Macy's.

3. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I know, kinda strange coming from a guy, but I pass the place two or three times a week...

The Bra Patch
    1603 North Market Dr.
    Raleigh, NC 27609

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I need a fit! I've always bought Bali but the last two weren't sized right...or I've grown. Went to walmart..NEVER bought at walmart before... They have my size! In colors!! I've never had colors before! All the pretty bras fit the girls with no boobs. If you're a DD or larger, they stick you in a granny bra.

LOL.... I'm just say'in.

5. Gabi

Gabi Member

Bra sizing

Belk's in Smithfield will fit you.
    Victoria's Secret of course
    Major department stores at the mall as well, with the exception of Saks. Ive never been in there, so not sure if they will or not.
    The Bali (?) outlet at the Pottery

Hope that helps. A good fitting bra will make a WORLD of difference in how you look and feel. Truly worth the investment, and wash in a lingerie bag, cold water, hang to dry. They will last a lot longer, keep their shape, and you can justify the cost and your clothes will fit better too.

Probably more info then you needed or wanted but I was floored at how much better my clothes "hung" and that I looked thinner when I actually found a bra that fit properly. I've lost a lot of weight and went from a 44DD to a 36 B (Sorry if TMI) but had no clue about the importance of good foundational garments. Just passing along the info.

:)

6. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Lane Bryant has lots of pretty bras in larger sizes. They are reasonably priced if you can get them on their buy one get one sales or some other deal. They are well made and have several different materials and styles to boot. Closest one is in Garner at Timber Drive.

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Where is SS? I'm surprised he hasn't been on to offer his services :jester:

8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

He's busy.. Ryder cup started today.

9. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

I don't mind WHERE the advice comes from; just didn't figure any of you guys would want to get in on this one! :lol:

Thanks for the info.!

10. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

We have as much stake in the care and feeding of them as y'all do. :lol:

11. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Thanks, everyone...hadn't thought about Belk's doing the fittings but, like most places, I doubt they carry large enough sizes. And, most of the time I can't even find them in Lane Bryant/Catherine's, either. Maybe I can just duct-tape them up! :jester:

12. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

My kung FU is strong in this magnorious topic.

Victoria Secret baby!!! My wife likes getting the little cash cards I get from there and I love the end result!!! INVEST INVEST INVEST

p.s. Do your men a favor and buy the panties with the little draw string in the crack area. He will thank you!

I know this was about Bra's. But I am a BUTT (For you monkey boy) man.

13. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Catos has larger undergarments too.

14. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

I have purchased bras at SOMA at Southpoint mall. They measure and fit you there. The vanishing back bra is really comfortable. They also have a website. I've tried Wacoal and some others at higher end department stores but it's not the price as much as the construction and fit of the bra. Hope this helps. Good luck shopping!

15. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

I was fortunate enough to be at Kohl's (White Oak) when they had a lady who helped me get "fitted" for the right size brassiere. I do not know if this woman only works certain times or not, but she was working when I needed the help :)

16. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Reading that a woman went from a 40dd to a 36b almost brings a tear to my eye.........

17. RealityWorkouts

RealityWorkouts Well-Known Member

18. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

All of Belk's employees who work in that department are sent to class to learn how to properly fit bras.

19. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

thats the best place to go.....

20. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Then I'm going to Belks! thx PG