Itchy red bumps on stomach

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mcclouds6, Oct 7, 2012.

1. mcclouds6

mcclouds6 Well-Known Member

Last night my 14yr old daughter showed me little red bumps all over her stomach. Gave her some benedryl. This morning the bumps are still on stomach and now are on her buttox and her lower back. WE have not changed detergents or soaps. Any suggestions on what this could be. The bumps look like a rash all over with some streaks.

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Poison ivy or chiggers?

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

chicken pox?

4. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

5. Vanosa

Vanosa Active Member

Possibly hives?? I would compare her rash to pics online. I've read that hives can come & go, and change (in appearance) in a hurry.

6. lori-beth

lori-beth Well-Known Member

it may be pityriasis rosea. my daughter had it a few years ago. it only goes on the trunk of the body and will go away by itself. it has one area that is the "mother" lesion and looks a little bit bigger than the rest. in a couple of weeks it went away. sun is supposed to help it.

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

It puzzles me no end that people will look for advice on the health and well being of their children on a forum bulletin board.

Take the kid to a doctor. No one here knows anything about medicine, except that the aspirin is on aisle 20 at the local Kroger.

8. mcclouds6

mcclouds6 Well-Known Member

Clif001 Your response was uncalled for. I realize on this forum our children go to the same schools (maybe there was something going around that I was not aware of) Our children get the same kind of infections and just maybe as adult you have seen someone with the same symptoms. I was not going to be like "Oh someone posted on my thread so that is what my daughter has and turn a blind eye". Btw I did not only post the question on the forum, I called our 24/7 nurses hotline with our insurance to get some possibilities and over the counter remedies. Since her rash has spread to her face she is going to the doctor

9. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I agree!!! Get her to the doctor. Like now!

10. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Well in that case, never mind. Just ask around 4042 for a diagnosis is good enough, right? It's the right thing to do.

Bull. You didn't post, "Hey my daughter has little red bumps, please check your kids." No, you actually asked, "Any suggestions on what this could be."

<Deleted by user> You should have turned off the computer and taken your child to the doctor rather than pop on over to 4042 and ask the people here what they think it might be.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2012
  11. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

needy know-it-all bullly

12. ServerSnapper

Attention Ho

13. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

lol,, and you?

14. ServerSnapper

:allears:

15. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I must agree with Clif. Had you asked the question "do any of your children have this" it would be different.

Sherry