Xmas Eve place for dinner?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bostonredhead, Dec 14, 2012.

1. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

We are meeting family halfway between here and Wilmington for Xmas eve dinner - around Faison or Warsaw. I haven't had much luck on the web finding a restaurant...we were looking for a place like Cracker Barrel - not fast food but also not fancy or high end. It will have to accommodate a lg party - about 6 adults and 6 kids -and will need to be open later, since we won't get there until around 7 pm.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

No Cracker Barrel between 40/42 and Wilmington. 7:00 PM on Christmas Eve. It will be hard to find anything open. Even Pizza Hut's close for inside dining on Christmas Eve about 6:00 PM. Good luck.

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I thought about the movie ' a Christmas story' why not try a Chinese restaurant

4. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I thought I saw a sign that TGIFriday's was going to be open on the Holidays. Is there one between here and there?

5. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

That is usually our Christmas DAY dinner! :lol:

This year I'm cooking a big dinner since it's my oldest son's last year at home. I know he will come home from college for the holidays but I didn't do Thanksgiving dinner and he seemed really disappointed.

6. mindlebrights

mindlebrights New Member

Think the Boar's Head restaurant is down that way. We have eaten there twice on way back from beach and it was very good to us. Right off of I40.

7. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

8. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Yes...Tgif's is always open on Christmas, so I would assume Christmas Eve as well. Look into that maybe. Good luck! One year my family was traveling back from NY, I cant remember if it was Thanksgiving or Christmas day, but we had to eat at a Sheetz because NOTHING else was open! (Oh...maybe try a Golden Corral too?)

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I don't know if they are open, but if they are I second this. It fits your needs geographically, has decent food, good atmosphere and reasonable prices.

10. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Are y'all talking about The Mad Boar at exit 385??? :?

910-285-888

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

That's the one - good catch.

12. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I am curious, Is there any place going to be open for dining on Christmas day?

13. dgsatman

You can have one from column "A" and one from column "B"...... :)

14. Clif002

Clif002 Guest

Fa-ra-ra-ra-ra. [​IMG]

15. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

That is, after you let the dog eat the turkey or break the leg lamp! :jester:

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. dgsatman

Love a buffet!!! :lol:

18. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Dude that made me laugh so hard!!!

19. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! I haven't had any luck with the places mentioned. There either isn't one of the chain restaurants in that area or it's not open Mondays (like Mad Boar).

Any place else you can think of?