Christmas Angels 2012

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Oct 8, 2012.

1. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

If the one I nominated is selected, please let me know thru a PM and I will get back to you. They have no phone currently..

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Just wanted to give you all an update.

I know many of you nominated and have inquired about the Southerland family, whose mother was killed on her motorcycle.

We have been in touch with friends of the family (more than one) who all agreed that although a sweet gesture, at this time it was not needed. I know we will all continue to pray for those kids, but the Christmas Angels committee, on the advice of the informants we have, has decided not to sponsor those children this year.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

So glad they don't need it!! :hurray::hurray::hurray:

4. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

just wondering if you got my PM? I hadn't heard. I do believe the lady I nominated lost her job now too.

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

FAMILY #2
    Is a single mom with 2 children, one girl and one boy. The daughter is autistic and has seizures that are coming from a tumor on her adrenal glad (not cancerous thank god). Mom travels back and forth to the hospital several times a week. Her daughter fell not too long ago during a seizure and now has a hairline fracture on her jaw. No family up here close in NC to help her with the children. Relys on friends to watch her 4 yr old at night and weekends when she's at the hospital with her daughter. She has used up all of her vacation time and sick time from work.

Children's sizes
    Girl 8 yo. - size 7 adjustable pants, size 8 dresses or shirts, size 7 jacket, size 1 shoe (soft materials for clothing due to sensory issues)
    Boy 4 yo. - size 4 or 5 pants, size 5 shirts, size 5 jacket, size 10 toddler shoe

Girl - singing Princess and the Popstar barbies, Lego friends Flying Club, digital camera, Uno Attack, Orbeez, American girl doll movies, horse stuff
    Boy - Chuck and friends Tornado Tower, Jake and The Neverland Pirates Sword and Spyglass, Don't Break the Ice game, Lorax DVD, Whack a Mole game, Lego Duploville My First Gas Station, Thomas the Train stuff

Girl - The Princess and the Popstar play set(not the castle, the 2 bed play set)
    Boy - He would love, love, love for Santa to bring him either the VTech InnoTab 2 or LeapFrog LeapPad 2 but knowing the price on those I know that is probably not feasible. I think he would also like the Thomas Steam n Speed.

Girl's favorite colors are pink and purple. She loves to sketch and draw. She eats, lives, and breathes horses. She loves music. She loves discovery and science. Cooking in the kitchen with mom is one of her favorite activities. She also likes Hello Kitty and Strawberry Shortcake. Her favorite Disney Princess is Cinderella. Girl loves gum!

Boy's favorite color is orange. He is your typical boy who loves cars, trains, and planes. He also enjoys building with blocks. His three favorite characters are Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Thomas the train, and Spiderman. He loves being outside and is always wanting to go on an adventure aka a hike. He loves to play camp out in the living room.

6. harleygirl

OK 4042ER'S!!!! Lets get to work to help these 2 families this year. :hurray::hurray:

If you have a donation you'd like to get to one of these families, PM me or JenniferK and we'll arrange to meet you to pick up your donation.

Love ya'll! :grouphug:

7. JenniferK

Donations are a bit slow. I know we all have our own problems, and money is tight at Christmas, but please consider a donation for these worthy families.

8. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Can I post about this in other places such as facebook or my blog? I know it's not much traffic, like 700 a day or so for the blog, but it may help. Just wanted to know if it was okay first before I did it. Thanks. Another question for ya. If folks want to donate, is there a paypal or no? I'm assuming no. If not, could they send checks or what have you & then I send them onto you? I know this is a local thing but if other people from other places want to help, don't see why not. But again, just let me know. Thanks.

Stephanie-- mom to 10

9. angeleyes

angeleyes Member

Christmas Angels

We are going to donate for the second family. When is the cut off date for donations?

10. harleygirl

The cutoff date will probably be the 19th as "santa" will be delivering on the 21st. JK can you confirm that? <muah>

11. JenniferK

Abdulina- Yes! Feel free and thank you!!

HG- Yes! The 19th, cause "Santa" has to sort!

12. HEMI

HEMI Member

I am going to try to get some of my vendors and other contractors to give a donation.
    How should they make out the check if they decide to donate

13. JenniferK

I'll PM you.

14. JenniferK

Just a quick hello and update!

To date, we have received two paypal donations, and have made arrangements to pick up another donation.

We have two very worthy families who are hoping we can help Christmas happen this year. Our deadline for donations is Wednesday, December 19th. For Paypal donations, it MUST be sent by Monday, December 17th.

Please consider donating to these families!

15. angeleyes

angeleyes Member

Christmas Angels

I have my donations together. I'm hoping Michelle and I are going to set up a pick up time together.

16. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Can I please get the paypal link? I would like to post to blog and FB the link. I've found in the past making it very easy for others to just click on helps immensely. Thanks in advance.

Stephanie-- mom to 10

17. JenniferK

www.paypal.com

Tell anyone who donates to make a "gift" to DaisiLou@aol.com

Sending it as a gift ensures that paypal doesn't charge fees.

We have 9 days left to gather donations, and I know I say this every year, but this year, pickings are VERY slim. If you can find it in your heart and pocketbook to make a donation, please consider doing it today.

18. angeleyes

angeleyes Member

Christmas Angels

Jennifer

Did you receive my last email regarding my address for picking up donations on Saturday?

19. PowerTim

PowerTim Well-Known Member

Want to help.

Sent you an email. Thanks---Tim

20. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Thank you Christmas Angels for allowing me to drop of a gift for someone!! This lady was so very happy and appreciative. She was able to buy a special gift for her son, that he would not have gotten otherwise.
    You and everyone involved helped make a wonderful Christmas for a mom and son.
    She sends you all, hugs and blessings with her deepest thanks!