Dryer Repair Recommendation

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by UNCHEELS, Dec 18, 2012.

1. UNCHEELS

UNCHEELS Well-Known Member

I need someone to repair my dryer. I have used Bobby Ross with Stewart's Appliance in the past and he is wonderful. I called him this morning and he is not working right now.

Therefore, I need recommendations for someone to fix my dryer.

It may be the heating element but when it first would not heat, I changed the heat setting and it dried for a few days, now it doesn't dry on any setting. I was going to try and replace the heating element myself but finding the part doesn't seem that easy. Lowe's does not sell them and the place I found that could order it, it would be 10-12 business days, I can't wait that long.

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I can't think of the name, but I thought there was a place somewhere in Raleigh that sold all kinds of replacement parts for appliances.

3. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

If the part is special order, I'd say the odds of a repairman having it in inventory is nil. Have you tried Cashwell Appliance for the part?

Also, those parts are non returnable. It could be a sensor that's bad? If you have a meter and basic use knowledge, meter the old element for continuity before you buy a new one. An element is just a loop. Some models you won't even have to remove the element to test it, but you will have to unplug it's connector from the machine .

Set your multimeter to the R x 1 resistance scale. Touch each meter probe to each end of the element. If you receive a reading of infinite resistance, then your heating element is no longer working.

4. G.G.

G.G. Member

AE & E FACTORY SERVICE- PAUL IS THE SERVICE TECH THAT SERVICES THIS AREA. (AND ALSO LIVES IN THIS AREA) I WAS VERY HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE I RECEIVED.

5. TVfan

TVfan Active Member

I don't know the name of his business, but there is an appliance repair place in Four Oaks on Hwy 301 we have used a few times. Nice guy and very reasonable. His name is Ray 919-524-1588

6. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Isn't there an appliance repair place on Commerce off Cleveland behind CVS etc?

7. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Stewart's Appliance & Gas Company

• (919) 553-6205
    1618 Amelia Church Rd, Clayton, NC 27520