Good, Trustworthy Jeweler for alterations?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KB2, Feb 17, 2013.

1. KB2

KB2 Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend someone/somewhere? I just need to get two little pieces of gold prongs shaved off the inside of my ring so it will fit. They were put there before because my knuckle was so much bigger than the bottom of my finger & it used to twirl. Well not anymore, & I can't fit it over my knuckle anymore :(.

I'd like to take it somewhere that will just do it right there while I wait & give it right back. That is how I got them put on, but that was in Virginia 15 years ago at a jeweler no longer there. I just hate leaving my ring. Ever since my Nana told me her story that her diamond was taken & replaced with either a fake or a bad quality (can't remember which) It makes me nervous to leave my ring.

Thanks for any suggestions!

-K

2. RealityWorkouts

RealityWorkouts Well-Known Member

I've been happy with the jeweler on Hwy 42 near the Dairy Queen. Sorry, can't remember his name. I had him do some work on my wife's ring. I've had him replace numerous watch batteries, and he does that while I wait, typically less than 10 minutes. Very courteous and professional.

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

4. jbarrow0811

jbarrow0811 Well-Known Member

I have used them a few times too and they are always great, a friend of mine had her wedding ring fixed there last year and has gone back multiple times to get work done to different pieces and they were always professional to her too. I believe its Jordan's Jewelers http://jordansjewelrydesign.com/

5. gillac

gillac Well-Known Member

I also highly recommend Jordan's Jewelry on 42. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've had several pieces repaired at Main Street Jewlers in Clayton. Beautifully done. I had to leave them, but they aren't some mall chain store. Since the jewler is onsite, I would imagine if you called them and explained your hesitation, they might work with you on that.

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:iagree:

8. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

Jordan's Jewelers on 42 in the Dairy Queen shopping center. They did a custom piece for me & were very professional, reasonable & helpful with assisting me with the design. I highly recommend them.

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I would recommend Jordans, I've used them for everything from repairs and watch batteries to custom work on my grandmothers wedding band and engagement ring.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Jordan's Jewelers, beside Dairy Queen on 42.

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I choose to alter my jewels in the privacy of my own home.

12. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

You women just like the eye candy at Jordans, that all it is.

13. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:mrgreen:

don't underestimate the fact that they take care of our jewelry needs as well.

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:jester:

15. FLai

FLai Active Member

Trustworth Jeweler

Jordan Jewelers on 40/42. Good prices, beautiful merchandise and ABSOLUTELY trustworthy. Recommend 110%

16. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

I have had several pieces of jewelry repaired & a couple of rings resized at Main St Jewelery. Brad (the guy who does the repair work) is great and the ppl there are really nice. I totally trust them to do the best repairs around!!

17. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

Whatever you do...dont go to Reeds jewelers...if they are still around.

18. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

I have been to both Jordans and Clayton. By far, Jordan's is better. I have things repaired, custom jewelry made/repurposed. They are great and stand by their work. Reasonable prices, too.

19. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

best place by far for us has been crossroads jewelers in the food lion shopping center on 210. near 40 ...great deals, custom pieces, and he can fix anything.

cant say enough nice things!!