Dr accepting Medicare?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by keemom, Jun 12, 2013.

1. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

My grandparents have decided to come down for an extended stay, possibly moving to be near us. Can anyone recommend a doctor that accepts Medicare? The doctor I use is not accepting new patients. Thanks!

2. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Just wondering and you may already have

but ....

Did you ask your doctor if your parents can be enlisted in their services as clients?

I only say because my doctor isn't and hasn't been accepting new either unless it is family member - then they are/will allow.

So didn't know if you confirmed with them and as to any such exceptions since most people don't.

Good luck. Just wanted to point out the above in case you didn't think to ask the *magic* question.

3. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

I did tell them that my mom and I are patients and that I was asking for my grandparents.

4. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Try a WakeMed doctor. WakeMed takes Medicare, and all of the clinics take the same insurance as the hospital. Medicare keeps cutting reimbursements, and nobody wants to take on new patients that will lose them money. A hospital affiliated doctor will be the best chance you have of finding a doctor that will accept a new Medicare patient.

http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=1056

5. Boxwood977

Boxwood977 Active Member

Dr. Mazen Khusayem on US HWY 7

6. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Garner Primary Care which is part of Wake Med does, but only so many every month! When I tried to join in March I was told all of there allocations were used for that month and I would have to set my appointment for Apr.

The last I checked Benson Medical also was accepting new patients.

7. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

Thanks so much everyone! I really appreciate the help!!

8. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

He is my husbands primary care doctor and he is very good!!