Recommendation on a Painter?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by evnchris, Aug 2, 2011.

1. evnchris

evnchris Well-Known Member

Hi All!

I know it's been awhile since I've posted. I've been a little crazed this past year.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has any good painter recommendations? We have one interior room in our house that needs to be painted. Nothing fancy, just to match the other rooms in the house.

It was originally a nursery so the Winnie the Pooh paint is getting to me after almost 3 years. :)

Thanks in advance!

~Ev

2. RealityWorkouts

RealityWorkouts Well-Known Member

David Shaffer

H: 553-1635
    Cell: 625-6064

He does great work.

3. evnchris

Thank you so much. I will call David a little bit later this morning (when it is more appropriate to call.)

Also just realized that someone posted a similiar thread back in March so I apologize for not "searching" first. It was just too early in the morning to think! :)

4. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

No problem, there's another poster around here where it's always to early in the morning for her regardless of the time of day.

just saying
    Buzz

5. gdogg79

gdogg79 Well-Known Member

R & D Painting is great! 919-669-6459

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree::iagree: Dave does great work at reasonable prices and is such a great person on top of that:hurray:

7. evnchris

I am meeting w/ Dave tonight. Thanks all!! :)

8. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Did you have Dave paint your room? Or plan to have him paint your room? I would like to find out how it turned out? We have a large living room, that I was going to try and paint, but my wife thinks I am crazy. :) We have 24ft ceiling. I was going to rent a genie runabout and do it myself, but again she thinks I am crazy and will go out of town the weekend I attempt to do it on my own. :cheers:

9. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

For those that have used Dave, does he allow you to pick out the brand and type of paint or just the color?

10. evnchris

Hello! Sorry for my late response. My hubby and I wanted to get a 2nd opinion, just to see if we could do any better on the price, so we called R&D but got stood-up. :cry:

We need to save up some money before we can get this done. The bedroom, I'm thinking I can do. However, the bathroom has existing wallpaper, and that just seems like a PITA!!

Good luck, 24 ft ceilings..WOW!!

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

if the wallpaper doesn't have a texture on it , paint over it.

KILLZ it first (not the latex kind) maybe double coat it with KILLZ and you are good to go

12. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

David Shaffer

I know this is an old thread, but I needed a painter recently and found this thread. I made calls for several estimates; only David and another co. returned my calls.

I hired Dave to do 4 rooms, the foyer, and the main hallway. He and his crew did a great job and I would highly recommend them. In fact, I will have him back to paint the rest of my house when I can replenish my bank account.

13. wackybrit

wackybrit Member

Painter

A Hammer and Nail Construction are worth the call. Not sure if 1 room would be enough work for them, but they are great!
    www.ahammerandnail.com