Missing Dog hwy 210 HELP!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by trident2, Aug 4, 2013.

1. trident2

trident2 Well-Known Member

Zoey was spotted at Reedy Creek Store late this morning. We are out riding now trying to spot her. I thought I would update everybody.

2. Vanosa

Vanosa Active Member

That's encouraging! One thing I don't understand, though, is if the "spotters" see her (and know that Zoey's lost), why don't they catch her for you? Is it that she's too shy to go to "strangers?" I live quite close to that area, and am putting dog bones out at night-

3. trident2

I spoke with the guy that owns Reedy Creek store. He's the one that saw her. It was last night. He tried to catch her but she ran off. I think she is just scared and in survival mode. I think shes hiding in the daytime and coming out at night. Some renewed hope anyway. Thanks everyone!

4. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Your best bet might be to set an animal trap with food inside at the store where she was last seen. I am not sure, but you could see if Animal Control has one to borrow? At least she would be safe and you could check on it daily or get the store owner to check it to see if she is inside? Just a suggestion. I don't claim to know what works...praying for her safe return!!

5. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

That's at least some good news,I've got my fingers crossed that you will be reunited real soon!! Will keep my eyes out for her!

6. AnnetteL

Just drove down Reedy Creek today and the neighborhood that you had mentioned,also talked to Carolina Crossing Vet Clinic to see if they might have heard anything but they told me that you had already contacted them. Hope you will find her soon!!

7. trident2

Thank you all so much for trying to help us! I called Carolina Crossing Vet this morning and gave my contact info. She called back an hour later saying someone just called saying they saw her last night. We now think there's a good chance shes hiding around the store somewhere and coming out at night to eat. I hope we find her. Thank you all sooooooo much!

8. AnnetteL

Have you had a chance to check around the store for her yet?

9. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

You might try setting a Have-A-Heart trap (check with Wake and Johnston animal shelters to see if they may have one you could borrow, or they may know of someone) and/or put out a bag of dog food for her by the wood's edge so she will want to stay in that area, and some water. Sometimes dogs will be so scared that they will not even come to their owners so be patient. Leave a blanket or other article of clothing out there that has your scent on it.

10. trident2

We just walked around the store, shined a light under the store while calling her, walked around the storage units, no sign of her...

We are looking into getting a trap. Animal control said they don't have any extra traps so we are calling around to see if we can locate one. Thank you all for the advice and for taking your time/gas to ride around and look for our dog.

11. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Hey I think my other half or my dad has some cat traps... Wonder if they would be big enough.?

12. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

I'm at 210 and Old Fairground if that is the area you are talking about and I will keep a lookout as well, sure hope she turns up.

13. Tbo

Tbo Active Member

traps

I have some cat traps if you would like to borrow them. Just PS me if you are interested.

14. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

My daughter has a Large Have-a-heart trap...I will PM you.

15. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Good! :) I hope this works!!!

16. trident2

We have a lady that's going to set out a trap for us tonight at the store. That you all so much for your help. I will let you all know how it goes.

17. AnnetteL

Good Luck to you,I really hope it will work!

18. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Is that Clarence? (Animal Control Guy)

19. Vanosa

Vanosa Active Member

(Zoey)

To Sirputz - I don't know, I didn't get his name.

20. trident2

Pinky, she got away from Pet Perfection down by the 210/Lassiter Rd. area. Thank you for keeping your eyes out for us.

I would like to thank this very nice person from the Johnston County Animal Protection League for setting out three traps yesterday. We just checked the traps. They caught two cats but no Zoey. It just means a lot that they tried for us.

We will be making a donation to them in the name of the 4042 family. We thank you so much for all of the support you all have giving us. We are going to put some flyers up around that area but above that we have tried everything we know to try. All we can hope for is that someone sees her. Thanks again everybody!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013