Kids haircuts?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jlnederhoff, Aug 10, 2013.

1. jlnederhoff

jlnederhoff Member

Looking for somewhere in the 40/42 or garner area for a toddler boys haircut. The only places I'm finding are in north Raleigh/brier creek area.

I've cut it myself, once a few months ago, and it looked really really bad afterwards :? So I'd like to take him somewhere to someone who knows what they're doing - but the reason it came out so bad is he doesn't stop moving (he's 1.5)

Any suggestions?? :) thanks!

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

well, my son had his hair cut by grandma. The way she got him to sit still was to let him play with her Kindle. It was in his lap, and he sat there, (not like a statue or anything) and played, moving his head rarely while we took pictures and such. Cut turned out pretty good, tho he has curly hair so it's hard to mess that up and make it noticeable.

Good luck, we'll be looking for someone as well since GM is in Florida. Let me know who you go to and if you'd go back!

3. jlnederhoff

jlnederhoff Member

I ended up taking him to sport clips in garner (white oak). Hannah cut his hair and did a phenomenal job on the cut and with him in general. The one bad thing is its walk in only and no appointments. We had no idea who we would be getting this time (we also didn't have someone specific we wanted) and although I'm sure they're all great, Hannah did such a good job I plan to call (and am willing to wait) to make sure she's working when we need to go in. It was $14 (kind of high but cheaper than the "kids cut" places in Briar creek...those were $20) but well worth it I think! We walked in, put our name in, had about a 3 minute wait, and the cut took about 15 mins. In and out of there in 20 minutes. (They did say weekends are usually a 10 minute wait)

One of my coworkers who lives in north Raleigh takes her son to the place in briar creek and she said its $20 and at minimum no matter what time of day or day of the week it's a 30-45 minute wait (but they do have kids toys and a train table set up which sports clips did not). I'd much rather save the $6 and the 40 minute drive each way and the 30 minute wait and go to sport clips even though its not targeted to toddlers :)

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Cleveland Cuts. They are great. I have been going their for years. Ivan is a great guy.

5. Tangie

Tangie Active Member

Great Clips off of hwy 70 in Clayton has always been great with my kids (3 and 6 when we started going there).

What I really like is the online check in facility which means you never need to wait. They give you your wait time and you come in thereafter and usually go right back. My kids like the lollipops they get at the end too :)