Direct Deposit

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Sorry for this rant but I need to blow off steam.

I just had a phone call from my credit union that the pay check I got from a home health care had not been signed by the payer. It took over two weeks for me just to get 53.00 and change from them. First off the time sheet I had submitted was "stolen" from their mailbox. They had to go and email me new time sheets that I had to go and print up/fill out and mail back to them in Fuquay. I got the pay check mailed to me last week and I deposited in to my credit unions atm on Friday. I get a call this morning it was not signed. The check should be back at my credit union by about 1pm this afternoon. I will be at JCC by about noon or so and have class (intro to literature) at 2 -3:15pm. I then have to drive from JCC in Smithfield to my credit union (White Oak) in Garner. Then have to drive it down to Fuquay to get it signed and then drive it back to Garner, It's going to cost me more in gas for all the driving then the pay check is worth.

Also the nursing home I work at pays you with a paper check. One good thing is they at least sign their checks. But they go and pay us on Thursdays but date the checks for the Friday. So even if I wanted to walk up to the teller and deposit it I can't because they will not take post dated checks. My only option is to deposit it into the atm.

I don't understand how the health care system can be so antiquated. I've had pay check direct deposited for close to two decades now.

Thanks for reading my rant. Still didn't make me feel any better.

:nopity: :banghead:

2. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

all this for $53.00? should have put in envelope, added 1st class postage and dropped in the nearest po drop box. just saying!

3. Rockyv58

Once I pick it up from the bank that is probably what I will do.

I just figured from JCC to Credit Union to the home health then back to the Credit Union then to home is 72.8 miles

4. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

when I worked at Hess gas station (in PA they are run by Amerada Hess corp), we also only received paper checks, so I petitioned to have direct deposit offered. After going through the proper channels and generating enough interest amongst my coworkers, I made enough noise to cause a change in policy, resulting in the direct deposit option. I mean who does not offer it these days? You would think there would be a law or something. I do know that maybe your place of employment does not have the right people in the payroll department and they do not want to make the effort on their end. You could approach your credit union and ask for the paperwork to be sent from their end, to your workplace's payroll department. It's worth checking into; at the very least, find out why it is only offered in paper form, and find out how one can implement changes!

5. TheSantaFeMan

TheSantaFeMan Active Member

credit union location

If it's a State Employees Credit Union then there's one at 404 Old Honeycutt Rd. in Fuquay. That should save time and gas then jump on 42 and you're home in 20 minutes.

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

There is not an SECU at White Oak. My guess is that he is referring to Coastal.

7. TheSantaFeMan

TheSantaFeMan Active Member

White Oak

You're right that there's not a SECU at White Oak but there is one about a mile and a half away on Benson Rd near Timber Drive and another one just up the road near 70 & Vandora Springs. I've just always referred to that general area as White Oak. Either way, it's still a lot of driving.

8. Rockyv58

yes it is a coastal federal credit union. They use to have branchs in the old ashley turner plaza (atm still exists) and up on 70 where lowes foods is. but they closed both facilities

9. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I'd say it's time to switch banks to a more convenient bank with lots of locations, lol...

10. Rockyv58

no thanks. i refuse to give my money to legal theives like banks. I will stay with a credit union. Companies need to come into the 21st century and do direct deposit.

11. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Rocky - try Inova CU on 70 in Clayton (across from Talecris/Grifols - Pony Farm Rd?). They are the only CU in this area that takes my deposits - my CU is Digital FCU based out of Mass. Maybe they'll take yours too?