Suggestions for fun Halloween places

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mingomama, Oct 24, 2013.

1. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a place to take my teenage son and his friends. I know about Ken's Korn maze, but am looking for something a bit more scary (ok, alot more scary) for them.

Does anyone have any suggestions of places I could take them (locally...within a 20 mile drive from 40/42)?

TIA

2. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Clayton Fear Farm is supposed to be good.

4. toocool8

toocool8 Member

Fright Night at Ken's Korn Maze

I know that Ken's Korn Maze isn't exactly what you are looking for, but they do have a few evenings that are set up to be really scary. They have people dressed up as "monsters" or evil characters from the movies and they jump out at you. Not my particular scene, but when the kids got older, they liked it a lot, even though the "regular" maze wasn't their style.

5. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Be sure to call Ken's first. We were going tonight with a small youth group, but found out that they are not open to the public tonight. :?:

My teens thought Clayton Fear Farm was funny, not scary. On another note, the Christmas hayride is a complete waste of money.

When I was in college at NCSU, we used to go the Raleigh Jaycees haunted house. Not sure if that is still going on. It was scary though!!!