Need a Knee Replacement Surgeon

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by macy, Dec 27, 2013.

1. macy

macy Well-Known Member

Any suggestions from an experience with knee replacement? Going to have this done in 2014..(sooner rather than later). Any suggestion is appreciated and thank you..Macy

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

3. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

Recommendation

My husband had his knee replaced by Ralph A. Liebelt, M.D. He only does knees and is very good. My husband had the surgery in the NC Specialty Hospital in Durham. It was well worth the trip.

http://www.triangleortho.com/providers.asp?id=29

4. Snuffyjo

Snuffyjo Well-Known Member

I just had my second one done Nov 19. I went to Goldsboro Orthopedic, Dr Hector Pedraza. My surgery was done at Wayne Memorial and I was very happy with my care. It is a smaller hospital, so I felt less like a number in a big hospital, if that makes any sense.

5. thewildmom

thewildmom Well-Known Member

Paul Burroughs at Bone and Joint Surgery in Raleigh. My Mom has had two surgeries performed by him, and he was quite impressive.

6. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

When investigating situations like this I'd advise not only listening to other people's experiences but to ask the surgeons what their success rate is for this particular surgery, how many he does a year, would he/she recommend another surgeon for a second opinion in your particular case, check with the NC Board of Orthopedics and American board of Orthopedic Surgery for violations, malpractice suits etc. Just remember, the guy that graduated last in his class is also called doctor. Not all knee surgery is the same, is what you're having done total knee, partial knee, meniscus repair, cyst removal etc. Orthopedics surgeons now are very specialized in what they do.

I wish you the best of luck.

7. macy

macy Well-Known Member

need a surgeon for knee replacement

thanks to all for information...macy