Sleds...who's got them?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Harvey, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

With the weather coming, I am in need of a good sled. Not a saucer, or metal rail type, but a simple plastic sled. Anyone know who might be selling them?

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

BJ's at White Oak had several on Sunday. Target and Omega Sports at North Hills had several yesterday. I imagine that they will be out by the end of the day.

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

My hubby got some at Agri this morning but I don't know what type. I've seen them recently at Lowes Foods 40/42, but not sure if they're still there. And the "old" Target in Garner had a bunch in the toy dept last Friday. I'd call first...

4. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

You need to better prepare for this and not wait till the waning minutes.
    Try the hardware store at lowes food. Last I saw target white oak had some but it was a few weeks ago.

5. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Ace Hardware?

6. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

So glad I saved my boogie board!

7. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Hudson's in Clayton had a bunch the last time I was in (about a week ago).

8. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Bed Bath & Beyond had some.

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I was in Hudson's yesterday and they had some that they were pulling out of the back.

10. Rockyv58

I remember having one of these growing up and would use candle wax on the runners to make it go faster

[​IMG]

11. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

In all my years here rarely have I been able to use one of those. Although last year we had that sleet event and some icing it was some of the best runner sled conditions I've seen in many,many years. It was smoking down the road.

Oh and the price of them these days,, holy cow. You can buy 3-4 of the soft ones for the price of a runner.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  12. Rockyv58

Sad thing is they no longer make then in the USA they are made in China :(

13. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

sleds

Small Kiddie Pools work great! We've used old vinyl beanbags before too. both make for excellent sledding down a hill.