Hughesnet internet service...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ECAVE, Feb 10, 2014.

1. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience using this service? My first impressions are not good...very little info on their website. When you call in, it sounds like someone recorded the messages in their bathroom

I am trying to ward off my FIL from using this service and just wandering if anyone could solidify my perception.

Thanks.

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

One provider in a 50 mile radius. Hum

I thought you were joking about HughT when I saw the thread. Hopefully somebody can help you.

Sherry

Communication Professionals LLC (SV)(P10)
    225 Callahan Trail
    Garner, NC, 27529
    Telephone: 919-900-0168

3. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

Thanks Sherry

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Just a quick search brought up this:

Sherry

http://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/dissatisfaction-nj4ml

Misleading Sales Information

I was looking for internet service that would allow me to work from home. When I called Hughes net and discussed with the salesman, he was very convincing that this service would support my work environment and also would have the data capacity to maintain working from home. We went through with the installation under the impression that we were under a 30 day trial period. The next day after the internet was installed, I brought my work computer home (which is a brand new PC) and was barely able to log in or pull up a web page. The internet was so slow, we couldn't even pull up a web page let alone work on this service. We called to upgrade our service only to find out that in our area, we are unable to upgrade and our current access only allowed 5/1 mbps due to our location. The advertised packages are 10/1 for power, 10/2 for power pro and 15/2 for power max. We WERE NOT informed this prior to the installation and due to this lack of information we installed this service not knowing that 5/1 mbps was all we were going to be able to obtain. My husband is an information technology major and he was fully aware the 5/1 would not support our needs. We do not blame Hughes net for the lack of availability for faster speed in our area, but the web page and salesman are not an accurate depiction of your service. Because of our extreme dissatisfaction with this service and the fact that we couldn't even use the web, we called and cancelled this service the very next day. We were told that the service would not be able to be disconnected until March 22, so we are being charged one month service, activation and the service fee. If these charges are not completely removed from our account based on the false information on your website and the information given by the sales man we will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and our attorney to see what form of action can be taken. I will also personally dedicate my time posting on every avenue possible how dissatisfied we are with the service provided, the customer service and the lack of ethical practice.

5. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

Made up my mind.....thanks!

6. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

Are you talking about satellite internet service. If so, I had it and can explain how it used to be.

7. 1pittsburgh

1pittsburgh Well-Known Member

They are the providers for DishNet too and I only have heard bad things about them. We were thinking of getting DishNet until I found out that they were the internet providers.