SNOW ...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

How many feet of snow do you think we will get?

:)

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

At least 4, better go out and get at least 3 loafs of bread and 2 gallons of milk. :rolleyes:

3. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

So when we get nothing whatcha got? I guess you can say they forecasted snow,,so there,, the percentages and statistics aren't in your favor though.

4. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

The point is moot. Reports of a few flakes in Garner.

Score 1 for old wives tales. :)

The tales says snow a week (or ten days) after thunder in the winter. It does not say that snow will stick or even reach the ground.

5. jesse82nc

I thought I saw a single flake falling this morning!! I almost got scared to drive in to work....

...but then I realized it was just the wind blowing some dust around from the trees.

It is amazing how much the media sensationalizes everything nowadays.

6. C me Now BMM

What,, were you in garner?

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

More like WRAL went out on a limb and called for snow based on the same computer models that everyone else was looking at and in doing so can say after the fact "See we told you 5 days ago it would snow"

8. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

Whatever. They were first and right.

9. gdogg79

gdogg79 Well-Known Member

It did snow for about 5 min right before 8:00 this morning. It looked like little balls of snow instead of flakes. Just enough to catch some in our hands as I walked the kids into daycare.

10. Rockyv58

Out and about today I notice the roads have been salted

11. jesse82nc

There's a little rain on the radar out by Alabama, Mississippi, and western Tennessee. They got scared...

Weather Channel says 20% chance of rain tonight and 53 degrees tomorrow. 67 degrees on Sunday

12. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

and sleet by noon. crazy stuff

13. Rockyv58

I'm not looking forward to this. Just another excuse for third shift to be late or be "no shows"

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I am sick to death of this ice / sleet / snow / cold weather.
    I don't even want to talk about the electric bill for December and January. :boxing:

15. Rockyv58

How are the roads? I have to be up at Wake Med by 2:30

16. C me Now BMM

what kind a question is this?? I hope you're smarter than this... they're a lot slicker than the woman you had all oiled up last night..

17. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Has anyone been out? I am hoping to get out on a 2 hour delay but I wonder if that will even be safe and possible....

18. C me Now BMM

no it would be stupid.. stay home

19. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

South Shiloh was ice, as was Cleveland School Rd up to 42. Past 42 towards 50, it seems to be just patchy in spots. The closer you get to Wake County, the better it is.

20. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

We have been without power for almost 12 hours. The ice brought down a lot of tree limbs and it is horrible in our area. Just got the power back on, but the temperature in the house is 59 degrees.

Please be careful if you are coming into Durham.

Sherry