HS Prom questions

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Vanosa, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Vanosa

Vanosa Active Member

Can you give me any pointers about sending my son to prom? i.e. does the ticket price (from his h.s.) include dinner? What do you know about tuxedo rentals? (avg. price, etc.) Then there's the transportation issue - limo or ride with friends?? It's sounding pricey, but I think he really wants to go. Thanks for any advice!

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Men's Wearhouse has a Tux rental place, they do a pretty good job in my opinion.

Getting a group together for a limo rental is a good idea, by splitting the cost, it is very reasonable. Plus traveling in a group is usually more fun and the kids are less likely to get into trouble.

3. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

You never hung around with my group of friends, or you wouldn't say that. :jester:

4. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

It has been 7 years since my son went to prom, but sure some things are the same....usually the price of the ticket does not include dinner. My kids went out to dinner with their friends before prom. We have gone both routes of taking the kids to the prom and also them riding in a limo. The best thing I would say as far as rides go, call around, check the prices of the limo services and if there are some that want to split the price, make sure everyone pays their share. Unfortunately prom can be a little pricey, but the kids have a good time and they are only this age once.

5. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

raleigh flea market at the fairgrounds you can buy a tux for less than a rental :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  6. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

Thought I saw a tux rental place up at 42 in the Dairy Queen strip -

7. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Yes, Petals, Florists & Gifts now has Tuxedo rentals.

8. mcclouds6

mcclouds6 Well-Known Member

My son went to senior prom last year at West, He rented his tux by Diary Queen on hwy 42, very reasonable price. Normally they have the prom at the Sheraton downtown Raleigh. Friends rode together. Boutineer and corsage at a flower place in downtown Benson, they do an awesome job! I have used them every year. My children ate dinner at a friends home.