When will the new Sheetz open on 42?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Neighborhood MoM, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

They said " breaking ground in 3 weeks, completion takes 3 months ". Hey, don't shoot the messenger, just thought I'd share what little info I had. Wife said she won't believe it until she sees it.

2. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

I responded to a quote that said they would be open in 3 months, not start in 3 months.

3. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

They were open last night and lines at all the pumps for the 3.29 gas!

4. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

I decided it would be fun to eat there last night. $36 for me and three kids--I never thought eating at the convenience store would be so expensive!! But the mozzarella sticks were great!

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they are open all night, every night, 24/7.

:mrgreen:

6. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

24/7 every day including Christmas. free coffee all day on December 25 at RDU Sheetz last year!

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

gas price already jumped...3.39 for regular.

8. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Don't forget, you get 3 cents off with your Sheetz card also.

9. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

Well with my finances as they are 3 bucks is good to me :) and I pulled up and pulled right in. I will save where i can and right now 3 bucks is 3 bucks...

10. jesse82nc

I saved about $10 filling up my truck, so that is easily worth it for me. 93 Octane was 30 cents cheaper, and I took just about 31 gallons.

If you bring your car, might want to fill up your gas cans for your gas equipment, lawnmower etc.

11. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Well the difference is you pulled right in and didn't have to wait. I would get it too if it was on my way and there was no wait. It's the people who go out of their way that confuse me.

12. gcoats3

I hear a lot about the food at Sheetz being very good. People going to Sheetz for breakfast, etc. For those that dine at Sheetz regularly, what are your recommendations for a newbie to try that will be better than other fast food joints? Thank you!

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I went by on Fri, it was still 3.29.
    Pulled right in behind this guy, he gets out of his car and goes inside, so I waited, and waited...and waited.....:evil: finally saw another opening and moved to it. I had already pumped my gas before he came back out - guess he was in there shopping??? Maybe they only had 1 cashier?? but that was ridiculous! :banghead:

14. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

i was planning on waiting was shocked i got to pull in. still would wait for saving even a little money. i got a full tank where somewhere else i wouldnt have.

15. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I have stopped at the one in Mebane area and I can say their food is really no better than any other fast food joint. They may have a better variety, but it isn't anymore fresh than anything else a corporate kitchen makes.

16. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Since we are talking about saving on gas, BJ's has a weird deal right now. Fill up five times (8 gallons or more) and get $5 bucks back. I had noticed that BJs gas wasn't as cheap as it used to be, so I suppose this is their thing to get folks to come fill up. It is out of the way so unless you need to go to White Oak for something else... I guess they needed to make some changes.

17. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Well-Known Member

Honestly, the food is good but don't expect to be overwhelmed. It's more about a good deal than anything else. A lot of their food is frozen and standard stuff, but I haven't had anything bad there yet (and I've eaten at Sheetz many, many times).

The sandwiches are pretty good, especially on a pretzel roll. I had the spicy chicken a couple days ago and it was really tasty. The burgers are good and they have a great variety of choices.

I will recommend the Twisted BLT for breakfast. It is (aside from Bojangles Cajun Filet Biscuit), the best breakfast sandwich I've had. It's essentially a BLT with onions and their Boom Boom sauce (which has a little kick), and a hash brown patty - on the sandwich. It's really tasty.

18. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Gas has gone up everywhere, not just BJ's. If you look at raleighgasprices.com, BJ's is still the cheapest place in Garner.

19. gcoats3

Thanks Judge. Based on your description of the Twited BLT I probably will stick to gas and coffee at Sheetz. Enjoy!

20. jesse82nc

I saw that Sunday as well. At least 3 cars at the pumps just sitting there, nobody inside or around them and not pumping gas. With multiple cars lined up behind them. Drives me crazy. Why would you not just swipe your card at the pump? Debit is the same as cash, and with credit you get points, you can still pay it off each month. In fact that is the best way to build up your credit score. People that still go inside to pay with cash make everyone else wait.