To the thief who stole my son's go kart in Pleasant Woods subdivision

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by busymama, Apr 10, 2014.

1. busymama

busymama Well-Known Member

On the small chance you see this post...I want to tell you about my son who you so cowardly stole the go kart from in the middle of the night....He is a great kid who never gives us an ounce of trouble and he works hard in school. He looked long and hard for many weeks on craigslist for the go cart since he had to do a trade in order to even get a go kart. He finally found someone willing to do a trade. He traded a playstation...an ipod and a old tv to get that go kart and he was very happy when his dad took him to pick it up. He really enjoyed riding it and even would change the oil on it by himself. However...because you think you're entitled to creep into people's yards in the early morning hours and steal their property....you left behind a kid who woke up the next morning extremely disappointed!!! I really hope you're proud of yourself..

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:cry: mean people suck! :cry: so sorry this happened to your son...:evil:

3. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

more stealing

A neighbor of mine had items stolen from his shed in Pleasant Woods too.

4. Pwoods

Pwoods Well-Known Member

I hope you notified the police as well.

I would also mention that Pleasant Woods has a Facebook page that helps get the word out about this sort of thing.

5. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

This breaks my heart :( So sorry! I hate a thief!

6. busymama

I did file a report with the police. They told us another go kart was stolen off hwy. 50 last week as well.....:cry:

7. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I hope your son gets his go kart back soon. It is a shame that people have to stoop so low.

8. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this....

What color was it? Any numbers or specific markings on it?
    I'll keep an eye out for it when I'm out and about.

9. Salvation

Salvation Well-Known Member

RE: Stolen GoCart

Please keep us updated. We have had several things stolen over the years. We finally had to put up fences, cameras and locked gates. I have no tolerance for thieves. I hope they catch whoever it was. I am sorry for your son.

10. busymama

We still haven't found the go-kart. It was a older model dark green one- seater. I have a feeling that it won't be found. The police called us this week just to make sure we hadn't found it yet. I'm sure it's probably long gone. It's a shame that things have to be locked up.

11. jwest1980

jwest1980 Member

pleasant woods

I hate to hear this...we just bought a house in pleasant woods and will be moving in in july..guess we will have to make sure everything is locked up tight

12. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Don't let this change your mind about PW. Some level of theft is everywhere. No area is immune to it. I have been here since 1995, its a safe neighborhood, but like anywhere, you will have ppl who come in and steal things if they are not locked up.

13. busymama

I absolutely agree!!!

14. Joe Friday

Joe Friday Well-Known Member

Actually that's not true. We've lived in our home for 16 years (in a different subdivision) and haven't had a single problem. In fact, I've never heard of anyone having any of those type problems here. Then again, we have three Law Enforcement Officers who live with 300 yards of the main entrance and all of them park their work cars in their driveways, so there's that...