white oak expansion

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bostonredhead, May 18, 2014.

1. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

In case you haven't been to target lately, there is a new building going up right next door. According to a white oak employee, it will house a Burlington coat factory and a dollar store plus staples will move over.

Cabelas is being built across the street on 70.

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

3. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Oops - sorry! Posted that via my phone and I couldn't get the search function to work before I did...

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I love Burlington Coat Factory. Now, where is my Hobby Lobby!!!

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Hobby Lobby is not a place where I would shop. Michael's is a great place.

Sherry

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I know past Rex gym on the right side they are building more apartments.

Also I had read about a year and a half to two years ago that they were going to extend Timber drive over I-40 to tie into S. Greenfield Parkway. But I do not remember when they were going to do that. Anyone know an ETA for when they plan on starting that?

7. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Right after they break ground behind where Cabela's will be for the Six Flags..................hee hee I just wanted to be the one to say it first!!!! lolol

:jester:

8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Good, no one will have to worry about seeing you than. Hobby Lobby is a great store. Michaels vs Hobby Lobby. Lol.

9. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

:jester:

10. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

Let me guess. It's their politics?

I love Hobby Lobby. They carry a far greater variety than Michaels. I don't give a rat's butt about their "politics" except I wish they were open on Sundays. :lol:

I assume you don't eat at Chickfila either?

11. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Nope.

Sherry

12. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. Ridge

Ridge Active Member

Belks is moving from Garner Station to White Oak... Also Staples is moving from their current location to somewhere down from Target on Timber Drive

14. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

Your point? You crawled out of the pit for that?? How about you slither right on back down there. :cheers:

15. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

Is the Belk's move confirmed or just a rumor? Where are they moving? Does not appear current Staples space is as big as their current space in Garner Station.

16. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

If that left Garner Station, that center would be in more trouble than it already is.

17. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I hope this is true! I love Belks now that they run decent sales (just dislike all the "exclusions" on their coupons) but I usually go to Smithfield since it takes much longer to get through the traffic and lights to the Garner store. Now someone needs to put a frozen yogurt store in White Oak.

18. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Hey, you mentioned politics. Of course, it was in the context of not caring...except for the whole Sunday thing.

19. esther

esther Active Member

Wish HomeGoods would come back to the Staples store !!! I would be in heaven.....:)

20. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Me too!!