white oak expansion

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bostonredhead, May 18, 2014.

1. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Me Three on the Home Goods! And the B & BW store in Garner needs to move out to White Oak. It would be a much better location.

2. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

belks to white oak?

once again, "Belks is moving from Garner Station to White Oak", is this a rumor or a fact? i can't find any confirmation and this would be huge addition to white oak in my opinion. thanks for any information.

3. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Barney, I do not believe OP is going to respond. In a effort to assist you I contacted White Oak management company to determine if Belks is opening at White Oak. Here is the response I received:

"Thank you for your question. Belk will not be opening at White Oak Crossing. They may be opening at a development parcel near the center, which we do not own nor have any information about. Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful!"

4. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Well......I wish they'd put a K&W or K&S cafeteria somewhere around close...... :drool:

5. gcoats3

Yes! Yes! Yes!

6. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

How about a good bookstore.... I really miss that.

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

curb your enthusiasm

I am curbing my enthusiasm for any stores at White oak. I am holding out to see what will happen with the property across from Wal mart on 42. Things I would like to see go across there are:
    1. Harris Teeter or Publix
    2. Home Depot
    3. A Multiplex cinema
    4. Sports Authority
    5. Whole Foods
    6. Trader Joe's
    7. A Toy Train store
    8. Petco or Petsmart
    9. Costco
    10. A decent used bookstore/coffee shop with wifi

8. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

11. Six Flags

9. gcoats3

Probably will end up with a Sheetz, They are putting them at every intersection in and around Clayton.

10. Joe Friday

Joe Friday Well-Known Member

I actually heard a funny rumor from someone who claimed that they were "in the know". He told me that Six Flags had already bought the property using one of their shell corporatios. They are just waiting for the area to become more developed before they break ground.

When I brought up the fact that the Six Flags in Jackson, NJ is out in the middle of nowhere, he changed the subject :lol:

11. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I know the whole Six Flags is a joke, but, If you look on the list below, the most recent new park was built in 1992. that was 22 years ago. It is way to expensive now for any amusment compnay to start from scratch.

SIX Flags operations:
    La Ronde Montreal, Quebec, Canada 1967 2001 Acquired from the city of Montreal.
    Great Escape Queensbury, New York 1954 1996 Acquired in Premier Parks deal.
    Six Flags America Mitchellville, Maryland 1973 1992 Acquired in Premier Parks deal. Formerly known as Adventure World.
    Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Vallejo, California 1968 1997 Acquired in Premier Parks deal. Initially re-branded as Six Flags Marine World, it received its current name in 2007.
    Six Flags Fiesta Texas San Antonio, Texas 1992 1998 Originally owned by USAA and was managed by Gaylord Entertainment from 1992-1995. Six Flags took over park management in 1996 and the park was purchased mid season 1998.
    Six Flags Great Adventure Jackson, New Jersey 1974 1977 Six Flags Wild Safari now attached to the park, making Great Adventure the world's largest theme park.
    Six Flags Great America Gurnee, Illinois 1976 1984 Acquired from Marriott Corporation.
    Six Flags Magic Mountain Valencia, California 1971 1979 Acquired from Newhall Land and Farming Company.
    Six Flags México Mexico City, Mexico 1982 1999 Acquired from Reino Aventura
    Six Flags New England Agawam, Massachusetts 1870 1997 Acquired in Premier Parks Deal.
    Six Flags Over Georgia Austell, Georgia 1967 N/A Like Six Flags Over Texas, the park is owned by a limited partnership and is managed and operated by Six Flags.
    Six Flags Over Texas Arlington, Texas 1961 N/A The first Six Flags park. The park is owned by a limited partnership and is managed and operated by Six Flags.
    Six Flags St. Louis Eureka, Missouri 1971 N/A Last park built by Six Flags. Originally opened as Six Flags Over Mid-America (name changed in 1996). The only original park totally owned by Six Flags.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  12. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

So the closest option might be Six Flags over Myrtle Beach? Or a division of sorts. Two Flags over Benson, Two Flags over Clayton, One Flag over 40/42, and One Flag over Smithfield?

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

And some of those Six Flags that are listed weren't even "built" by Six Flags, they just took over existing parks.

14. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Sounds more like a "red" flag to me. :jester:

15. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Just too expensive. if you look at any of the major park operators, in the past 25 years it has only been buying a local park and expanding it. Just too much upfront money. Too long to recoup your money.

It also has to be in the south (further south) . Any more they would never build, even Carowinds, that cant be open 12 months a year.

16. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

It's stated as such in his post.

17. gcoats3

Confirmed Belk's will be opening in vicinity of White Oak, just not propery managed by White Oak Commons management group. My reliable source will not release details until official announcement.

18. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I grew up 15 minutes from Six Flags Great Adventure, had a season pass for like 15 years. My favorite park I have ever been to. In the Summer my friends and I would be there almost every other afternoon.

19. Joe Friday

Joe Friday Well-Known Member

:lol:

20. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Wow ... I never knew they changed the name - thought it was still "Over Mid-America". Grew up nearby, went dozens of times each year.

The interesting things you learn on this board, I swear! 8)