WEST JOHNSTON VOLLEYBALL CAMP

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by blackbearz, Mar 27, 2009.

1. blackbearz

blackbearz Well-Known Member

If you have a young child interested in learning about Volleyball....check out the West Johnston High School Athletic website to get information and a brochure to register for the camp. Dates are June 16 - 19 from 9am - 12pm.

2. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

This is the Link:
    http://www.wjhsathletics.com/Camps/volleyball_camp.htm

I'm sure my son would have a great time trying volleyball out. However, he wouldn't want to be the only boy there. Is this something you think you'll have lots of boysparticipating in? I haven't really looked into volleyball to see if there are any co-ed or boys teams in the area ... but it would still be a great game to learn more about so he can play at the beach or even in the backyard with more skill.

3. blackbearz

There will be a baseball camp the same week at West Johnston. The information should be on the website in a few weeks.
    We did have a boy or 2 last year in Volleyball camp....but you are right, he would be outnumbered.

4. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info :) Although I'm certain the volleyball would be lots of fun ... if there is a baseball camp going on at the same time, he would probably rather do that. Thanks again for the info :)

5. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Oh I wish I could come and help out or just bump around. As you can probably tell by my name I'm a huge volleyball lover and could have played in college but opted for getting a job with income instead of doing sports.

6. blackbearz

Well if you can come out for a couple of hours one day.....it would be awesome. I can use lots of help hitting to the kids and setting them.

7. momtofive

momtofive Well-Known Member

Is there any info on volleyball camp this summer at West? Or anywhere else local?

8. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

I have not received any info for volleyball camp this summer, but there will be open gym for ladies basketball starting June 17th, every Tuesday and Thursday from 5-7pm. This is open to all girls who plan to go out for basketball, including rising freshmen.

9. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

I Got a freshman girl at West that wants to try out for volley ball! If you hear of any open gym or any other info can you PM me or post here? Thanks!

10. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Will do :)