Cleveland school road

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

What's going on Cleveland school road? They rerouted everyone off of it at Watkins. I could not see far enough down the road to see what was going on.

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Bad wreck on Cleveland School Rd around DR Wells . They are detouring traffic and the sheriff said it is bad and it was a young driver .

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Thank you.

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Oh no, any more news on this?

5. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

hubby said the road was open on his way home from work, and he saw a hugh big expensive boat in the ditch. He said it looked like it came off the trailer hitch.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

What???

7. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

I always thought you were off your hitch. You said you were rather large but boat size,, damn.

8. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Someone rear ended boat trailer & truck.

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Dang, I hope someone has good insurance.

10. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Not sure how you miss seeing a stopped boat.....either you may need an eye exam, good sunglasses (if it's glare) or your attention was on other things not in front of you. No matter, just hope the driver is ok.

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

maybe they didn't have brake lights on the trailer? but most likely not paying attention and driving too fast, as seen much too often on CSR! hope everyone was ok!

12. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Years ago the company for which I worked had a fleet of company vehicles, as is common. One day a call cam in from the State Police that one of the vehicles had been involved in an accident and the vehicle was totalled but the driver was fine. The driver had made the trooper call in because he felt he would not be believed. He had been going up a mountain road when he met another truck in a turn which had been pulling a larger boat on a trailer. The problem was the trailer had come off the hitch and the boat was now passing the truck previously pulling it. Our driver hit the boat head on at a combined speed of over 70 mph. It was not hard to understand why calling your boss to tell him a boat had hit you head on and your vehicle was a total loss might not be believed. He never quite lived that incident down and was forever being told to watch for submarines as they might hit the bottom of his vehicle.

13. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

There was a very large boat in the median on 40 last night near jones sausage and trailer not to far from it. Several police, dot and a large wrecker.

14. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

if anyone finds a guy named Noah, I'm moving to higher ground!!

15. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Better get your own boat instead .... :mrgreen:

16. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

What actually happened was the driver hauling the boat cross the center line and yanked the steering wheel back. This caused the boat to semi jack knife and the teenager driving his truck the opposite way hit the boat. The trailer broke in half and the boat landed on top of the teenagers truck.

Nobody rear ended the trailer or boat and the teenager was not at fault.

And in case anybody would like to know, the teenager is alive and well with only a cut to his arm. Looking at the pictures of his truck I am very surprised he is alive. (he is a friend to my son)

17. mylittle_man

mylittle_man Active Member

I am VERY glad to hear the teenager is alive and well. I can't believe he only ended up with a cut on his arm as bad as the truck looked. Thanks for letting folks know..

18. momto3boys

momto3boys New Member

actually the truck with boat side swiped a friend of mine hitting his mirror which cut his arm terribly then flipping the boat on top of his truck. Man with boat was fine but my friend suffered cut ear and badly cut arm.