Summer activites

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by LittleMama, Jun 11, 2014.

1. LittleMama

LittleMama Active Member

I have three small children. (5,2, and 1) Does anyone have any ideas on activitiesto keep them busy? We play in their pools, do play doh, etc. I need some ideas on getting them out of the house. We go to the park, but the baby gets way too hot.

2. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

Kidsbowlfree.com

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Summer movies at local theatres, there is always a G movie playing - babies are welcome. Check WRAL Go Ask Mom for list. Also Howell Theatre.

Interskate moved to Garner down 401, still fun!

Museums in DT Raleigh, Museum of Natural Science is good for a day with that age group. And it's free.

Softplays at the mall, the one at Streets of Southpoint in Durham is nice and big. Plan this around a storytime if the mall has a Barnes and Noble.

There is an indoor playgound in Raleigh that would be a hit with that age group, check Raleigh Parks and Rec for info.

Clemmons is a local state park that has shaded trails, and a creek/stream if you go off trail. Pack a picnic lunch, don't forget some old bread for fish and turtles at the pier.

Monkey Joe's in Cary, bring your wallet!

Lake Benson Park in Garner has covers over their playground, and you can picnic, walk shaded trails, and wade in the lake.

Does the JoCo Partnership for Children still do the toy loan thing? I saw they moved to 42.

Any Stay and Plays around anymore? Ie: Drop in childcare where you can pay a fee to "stay and play"

4. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Jumpin Jax at 40/42 is cheap for a day trip. i think it was like 3 bucks a kid, parents in free... Go Play Outside now is reasonable.

5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

6. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

We like Noah's Landing in Coats.

The art and science museums in Raleigh are free. We love the science museum. Marbles Museum