West Johnston or Cleveland?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Emma Caroline, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

If you had the choice would you rather your kids went to West or Cleveland high?

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Go Rams all the way.

3. Vanosa

Vanosa Active Member

Both my kids had positive experiences at WJHS!

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Corinth Holders

5. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

Cleveland

With a child at each, I would say Cleveland. Good communication, good leadership, good structure/control are what I found there.

6. BuzzMyMonkey

Please,,

7. Georgiared

Georgiared Well-Known Member

My son went to Cleveland and I absolutely loved the administration, teachers, and coaches at this school.

8. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Just had one graduate West Johnston, had positive experiences with teachers and coaches, good communication, etc.

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Can't comment on Cleveland, but both of my daughters went to West and had good experiences there.

If your child is in to fine arts such as dance, West would be a great choice. Otherwise, from reading the responses your best bet might be to go where you are assigned.

10. Emma Caroline

Thanks for the responses. I have one starting high school in the fall and that will begin a 9 year relationship with the high school. We are assigned to Cleveland, and have not set foot in the door yet, but in the two areas we have had contact with Cleveland I'm already disappointed. However, when contacting West I have been nothing but pleased. I could just be a fluke thing--as I said we have not even started but so far I am not sure I want to deal with Cleveland for the next 9 years.

11. BuzzMyMonkey

Damn. Give your kid more credit than that. They may finish in 4 yrs not 9.

12. Emma Caroline

HaHa You found me out--I plan to redshirt him for 5 years so he can be the greatest high school athlete to ever come out of Johnston County:jester:

13. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Test scores that as far as academics go, Cleveland is the highest HS in the county, not counting Middle College which is application-based. Just something else to consider.