Cocker Spaniel

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by jbarrow0811, Jun 24, 2014.

1. jbarrow0811

jbarrow0811 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a Cocker Spaniel or English Springer Spaniel (my 5 year old daughters two favorites) puppy or young dog under one that is for sale or up for adoption anywhere? My husband has gone to a couple of shelters in Raleigh and didn't find anything, I can't keep going to shelters or I will have a zoo in my backyard!! I want to adopt them all, they all look so sad :( We currently have a Flat Coated Retriever that is 15 years old and we are just looking for one new addition to the family :) Thanks for any leads!

2. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

There is a house that sales AKC cocker spaniels

in Clayton. The house is on Shotwell Rd - I'll have to check if they have their signs out stating they have some available.

I pass it daily so will get a # if the signs are out.

3. jbarrow0811

Thank you :)

4. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Check with RUFF.( Rescue UR Forever Friend.) I know a lady who got a beautiful Pomeranian from them a couple of months ago. They are doing a dog wash/adopt-a-thon in Clayton this Saturday at Hudsons Hardware.

5. jbarrow0811

Thank you I will check it out!

6. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Another great rescue who carries smaller/med

breeds for most part is Saving Grace in Wake Forest, NC - they have a web site with pics/bio of the dogs that you can check out.

BTW, no sign posted at house on Shotwell Rd advertising CS pups anymore.

There is another breeder; not local - not sure how far
    WWW.BLACKCREEKPUPS.COM

7. jbarrow0811

Thank you :)

8. elims

elims Well-Known Member

A friend adopted a different breed of dog from them many moons ago I think it's about a 40 minute drive. It was a nice place though. Decent people. I PM'ed you some info, jbarrow. :)

9. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We second Saving Grace, we adopted from them and love our rescue. She's not what we set out to adopt but they found us a great match.

10. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Second Grace is a wonderful rescue! She always has dogs of all shapes and sizes, and spends a lot of time training them and taking care of them.

Underdog Ranch is another terrific rescue, and they've had two cocker spaniel mixes recently (a cocker-poo, and a cocker/maltese mix - both ADORABLE dogs!! Seriously ... you have to go look at Mikey and Willow on their website!)
    http://udranch.org/adoptable-dogs/

11. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

It's always wonderful if you can find a family pet with a rescue group. However, if you are looking for a puppy from a reputable breeder you can check the American Kennel Club Breeders' classified section.

https://www.akc.org/classified/search/index.cfm

I see the following when I do a search:
    Shirley H. Greene
    SR833300
    Breed: Cocker Spaniels
    DOB: June 18, 2014
    Male: 2
    Female: 5

12. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

awwww .... meet Truffle - @ Saving Grace & looking for a home

Truffle
    Breed: Cocker-Spaniel
    Size: Medium

Truffle is just as sweet as she sounds. She came to the Saving Grace program from a rural shelter where she was picked up as a stray. Truffle had lived a life of extreme neglect before coming to the Saving Grace program. She was severely matted, dirty and emaciated but has been groomed, put on some weight and is working on getting as gorgeous on the outside as she is on the inside. Truffle is a small cocker, weighing about 12 lbs and still needs to gain a few more pounds. She is crate trained and doing very well with her training. She is good with other dogs but wouldn’t mind being an only dog either. Truffle is about 2 years old and is ready for a forever home where she will never be neglected again. If interested in meeting Truffle, please email an application to Saving Grace. She is available for an adoption fee of $300 that includes her vaccines, microchip, heartworm test and prevention and spay. She is ready to find a special family that will be patient with her as she learns to be a spoiled dog and settles in to her new lifestyle.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014