orange piping

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

over the past couple of weeks I have seen some sort of trenching device burying some orange tubing/piping. What is it?

2. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

4. Rockyv58

5. shawk22

shawk22 Well-Known Member

Yes, this is typically in preparation for some sort of cabling job, be it fiber-optic or coax. Once the conduit is installed, cable is usually blown or pulled through it.

6. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

This is going on all around Clayton right now. Anyone know who is paying for this. Will this give us a good option over TWC?

7. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

my understanding. johnston county schools changed contract with internet provider. folks laying it are from jacksonville fl. I could be wrong.

8. Rockyv58

some what of a different question now. Anyone live on or near Polenta road? I ask cause they were surveying the road by the high school the past day and a half or so. Anyone know why?

9. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Aren't they looking to build a middle school over there?

10. cynadon

widening the road

11. Rockyv58

i think they would go further up Polenta towards Smith road or freedom road

12. Rockyv58

hopefully

13. cynadon

widening the road.

14. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Bingo. We have a winner. I was over by Clayton First Baptist Church this afternoon. They were running the cable on N. Church Street. I asked the worker. It is optic fiber cable for Johnston County Schools. The cable on N. Church Street is headed to Cooper Elementary. The cable on S. Lombard Street is headed to West Clayton Elementary. The cable on Glen Laurel Road is headed to Powhatan Elementary.

15. shawk22

shawk22 Well-Known Member

They are all over Johnston County running fiber to schools. The contractor is Airo Cable out of Florida. Currently, they are coming down the westbound lane of highway 70 between Buffalo Rd. and Bear Farm Rd. headed toward Wilsons Mils Rd.