Lasik Eye Surgery

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by HidesinOBX, Jun 30, 2014.

1. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience with this surgery, and if so, can you recommend someone in the area who can do it? Thanks in advance!

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

TLC... Some of the best money I ever spent. The technology has vastly improved since I had it done. Specifically from a safety standpoint. I was extremely pleased with TLC. At the time I did a lot of research and they were top of the line with probably the most procedures done. They were in no hurry to do mine. I had to wait roughly a month or 2 before they would do it all the while regularly get my eyes checked till they were comfortable the eyes regressed back to normal. Due to wearing contacts.

3. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

http://eyecenter.dukemedicine.org/eye_center

Dr. Terry Kim did mine back in 2004.

Life-changing procedure. Went from almost legally blind with bad astigmatism to 20/20.

No more having to deal with contacts and solutions, etc! PTL!!

I know they've improved even more since then.

4. BuzzMyMonkey

Sounds as though we had the similar eye quality. Not worth a damn and heavy astigmatism. Lol.
    Duke was on my radar. When I had mine done a lil earlier than yours it was like 5,000 for both eyes. With all the different places doing it now not sure if the prices has dropped. Also with TLC if you meet the criteria it's a lifetime guarantee. I did need a slight enhancement about a year later. You would rather them have a lil more to shave off anyways.
    But yup it has been awesome waking up and seeing clear and man it's sweet not messing with the contacts or glasses.

5. HidesinOBX

Wow, thanks for the input... I will check into it. I am sick of the glasses and I can't wear the contacts any longer. I will see if I am a candidate for this.

6. Pepper Jack

Pepper Jack Well-Known Member

Please share your findings
    thanks

7. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Dr Lori Travers did mine back in 2004. I was younger then and have since had to get glasses for reading (they can't fix that!). But I used to be severely near-sighted and what a wonderful feeling it was to be able to see without the contacts I had worn since I was 12.

8. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Dr. James Kiley at the Raleigh Eye center.... Awesome experience and so glad I did it. I paid about 2grand. They also work with Carecredit. Check that out as well.

9. HidesinOBX

Thanks for all the feedback! I appreciate it.

10. noahsmom

noahsmom Member

Lowry Porter Ophthalmology is a great place to try. The LASIK evaluation is free and you will know the same day if you are a candidate. The number is 919-876-4064 if you would like to try them.

11. toocool8

toocool8 Member

I had Lasik eye surgery several years ago, and it was the best medical procedure that I have ever had done. I love the results, and I have never looked back. You almost forget that you used to wear thick glasses and trip over things in the dark.

Interestingly, I had to have my surgery done twice because it didn't take the first time. But I would still do it again, no questions asked.

I asked my eye doctor who did his Lasik surgery and went to the same person. It was Dr. Kelly in Briar Creek. I think it is now called TLC.

The only downside is that you do have to wear reading glasses. But I'll take it.

They may offer you a situation where they fix one eye for distance and one eye for close up. But I decided against that, since I have heard it might result in vertigo.

Good luck.

12. BuzzMyMonkey

I had mine done many years ago and still don't need reading glasses.. once one hits 40 yrs old its a matter of time when you need reading glasses, some quicker than others. Now when I had my enhancement done the Dr. recommended only doing the dominate eye.. which gives one slight mono vision which can prolong the need for reading glasses.
    he said if you noticed and didn't feel comfortable with the enhancement you could always come back and get the other eye done. I never did and I've also blown by 40 yrs old lol.. still no need for reading glasses.

Some of the most complaints I remember were the night time driving and seeing halo rings around lights. I never noticed this myself.