LP Providers

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by alen, Feb 11, 2014.

1. alen

alen Well-Known Member

Looking for recommendations for LP providers in the area to fill and service a 120G tank. Anybody got better pricing/better service than others or is all about the same these days?

Thanks for the help!

2. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Found Ethco in Kenly to be very reasonable. Just be prepared for a price shock, last month prices skyrocketed due to a do called shortage.

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I have used Thompson Gas for years, they usually have very good prices.

http://www.thompsongas.com/

But I have heard as well that in the last few weeks prices have gone through the roof. Let us know what you find out.

4. baseballer

baseballer Active Member

Propane

L.R. PROPANE FOUR OAKS!! Honest, cheapest, & fast!

5. Bubba

Bubba Well-Known Member

6. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

Anyone priced propane lately? I am tired of paying $50/yr tank rental to TR lee and only being able to get they're pricey gas. Where else should I look?

7. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Several of our neighbors use Parker Gas and love the customer service and feel that their pricing is very competitive.

We had an older relative that used TR Lee and found that they were taking advantage of her. We had a hell of a time getting them to come and get their tank etc. Good Luck

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Then don't look at McCracken, I'm pretty sure I was paying them $60 or more for tank rental.

9. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

It is common practice that if a household doesn't use so many gallons a year, many companies will charge a rental fee. We have to use at least 300 gallons to avoid a fee. We only heat with gas.

10. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I bought and installed my own 500 gallon tank so I don't have to pay rental fees. Also many places give me a discount since I own my own tank, and I only fill it every 2 years during the summer, so I get a discount for buying in bulk as well. I usually get about 150 gallons every 2 years. Big initial capital costs, but savings for the life of the tank now.

11. Boxwood977

Boxwood977 Active Member

Just filled up....

I literally just walked in the house from Parker Gas filling up my tank. We paid 2.049 for 117 gallons.

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Stallings Brothers out of Middlesex is $2.39/gal for propane. Coming out today or tomorrow to fill us up!!

EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

13. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

if there is still LP gas in your tank is there a way to still get a new service provider and can they move the lp gas to the new tank?

14. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

Rocky, the LP provider that you are replacing is required to reimburse you for the gas in their tank at the rate per gallon that you paid for the LP. When my mother switched to natural gas, Amerigas just picked up the tank with 150 gallons of LP and then hauled it away. She was reimbursed for the 150 gallons.