HVAC recommendation

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by momtofive, Sep 22, 2014.

1. momtofive

momtofive Well-Known Member

We are looking to get a new heat pump. What are some companies you guys recommend? We are hoping to get estimates and a new system in before the cold weather is here. Any experiences, good or bad, will be greatly appreciated.

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We just purchased a new Trane heat pump/AC unit this summer from Carolina Comfort Air and couldn't be happier. The young man who came to access our needs and suggest the type of unit we needed was very professional, prompt, courteous and knowledgeable about all of the units they sell. He was very honest and did not try to sell us a larger or better unit than needed and then everything from the installation to the follow up was wonderful. They usually have coupons in local flyers or on their website as well. I'd highly recommend at least letting them give you an estimate.

3. Stinger_6

Stinger_6 Well-Known Member

Apex Heating and Air is the best I've ever dealt with. Their tech came out, did a thorough job diagnosing the problem, and explained everything in layman's terms. He had to order a part to get my ac permanently fixed but he implemented a short term fix so we were back up and running that day. The tech came back the next day at no extra charge and installed the part. They did great work and provided great customer service. Highly highly recommended.

I also know two people who bought units from them and they were both very happy with the price and the service.

4. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

I strongly recommend Evans HVAC. They're in Princeton which is near Selma. Two brothers own it and run it. Great equipment at the best price around. Call Mark or Gary and tell him Chris from Broadmoor sent you.

919-524-0590

5. bulldawg

bulldawg Well-Known Member

6. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Mike's heating and air in Clayton - advertises on 4042

Artic Air in Clayton 919-359-0272

Biggs HVAC they also advertise on 4042

We haven't had to replace our system yet (knock on wood)

But we would contact all of the above for estimates.

Evans HVAC did the original install and the first few years of service - we found they were hard to reach and half the time didn't call back just showed up unannounced. We heard the same from some other people that called them because they were the original installers.

Just relating our experience hope that helps.

7. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Plumbing to electrical, heating to air conditioning, if you can't we can . . . Michael and Sons! LOL, don't know a thing about them but they sure do spend some big bucks on advertising.

9. cube_zombie

cube_zombie Member

had them come out when the inside fan motor burned out on my 2 year old carrier system...very pleased with the service.

10. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Had Arctic Air out a week ago, excellent service. 919-359-0272

11. momtofive

momtofive Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the suggestions . . . I will be calling this week to set up a few to come out.